Access hatch placement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddykiller26

Reaction score
I have tried reaching out to Parker multiple times for a schematic for my 2520 SLE with no luck. Does anyone see a bad reason to install a hatch here?

Attachments

• IMG_4401.jpg
    IMG_4401.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
I have tried reaching out to Parker multiple times for a schematic for my 2520 SLE with no luck. Does anyone see a bad reason to install a hatch here?
Our 2520 XLD has a hatch there, (under it is a large storage space where I keep 2 fenders. Plus, there is a bilge pump, and the electric head's holding tank)... I don't know if that space is the same with your 2520 SLE.... I have a video posted (by request of a Classic Parker member) that shows the space/area and with all the measurements, but I've recently become a bit shy about posting the links to my videos.

I'm planning (over a year now) to cut a hole and install a hatch in about the same place, except I will use a 15" x 30".
You may want to cut a small hole first, like a 4" holesaw to identify exactly where the stringers are, you maybe close on that starboard side?

I'm planning (over a year now) to cut a hole and install a hatch in about the same place, except I will use a 15" x 30".
You may want to cut a small hole first, like a 4" holesaw to identify exactly where the stringers are, you maybe close on that starboard side?
Can you post a picture of your hatch? Is it centered to the drain hole in the cabin?

Love the hatch! I installed the same one for my bilge access. Way better than plastic.

If memory serves, the SLE was a DV model with a notch transom rather than a bracket, and a semi-open bulkhead from the pilothouse into the cabin as opposed to a door. That sound about right?
It’s definitely a deep V with a notched transom. I’m not sure about the semi open bulkhead. I do have a bench seat and I know many don’t.

You wouldn’t happen to have a picture would you? Did you center your hatch to the drain plug?
Its pretty well centered. These pictures are half way through the new deck install. Ill take a pic tomorrow of the finished hatch install.

Attachments

• 20211120_155547.jpg
    20211120_155547.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 20211120_155826.jpg
    20211120_155826.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 0
Back