Advice for bait tank 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leftydave

Reaction score
Hi there , just got my first salt water boat and got a 2003 2120.... looking to make it mine now and want to a a portable bait tank. I need to add a seacock and will be adding the valve to switch from washdown to livewell. Could use some opinions on size, location , and mounting system. I live in the northeast and the tank will be mostly just for macks and pogie. TIA

I don’t know if a 30 gallon is big enough for you but I have a “keep alive” portable bait tank on my 2520. They come with a circulating pump and aerator. Just fill mine up with a couple of buckets of sea water and alligator clips to the battery. They work great and totally portable

and will be adding the valve to switch from washdown to livewell.

Thats not how you do it.

Install a seacock on Port side.....X-Ducer goes on STB side. Use a dual port Rule Livewell pump on the Seacock. Top port is for Livewell.....Bottom Port feeds a Jabco Parmax washdown pump........1 thruhull is plenty to feed both bumps and can be run at the same time.
FYI: Livewell pumps with a divertor valve make lousy washdown pumps.

Thanks wharthog...what happens if you have multiple transducers like I already do? I have one on either side ? Not sure which one does which yet as this is a new to me boat . Looking to upgrade one of the units any way.

Back