Amazing, 2022 2830 XLD. $310,000.00

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you all might like to see this. Does anyone know who owns this boat? I hope it's a CP member; give us some info. I have to wonder why someone would pay for all this, then sell it after only 8 months? A buddy of mine sent me this link. I've never seen a Parker like this one .... It's a 2022 2830 XLD with amazing equipment; more than I've ever seen on any other Parker.
Bow-Thruster. Seakeeper II Gyro. Air Conditioning. Diesel generator. FLIR Infrared. Water heater. Full galley, double sink, microwave, frig, etc.. New interior design. Enclosed head. 'Open' cabin from pilothouse to cuddy. No 'carpet' on pilothouse ceiling. Notice that none of the windows open! (I understand it has AC, but no opening windows??) Twin 300 Yamahas with electric steering (why no second bulkhead mount station? It's easy when all electric; no hydraulic).... See all the photos on the link..... With all that said, I didn't know that the 'new Parker' company was making new 2830's. They would have had to have laid this hull in 2021.....

https://www.ncboats.com/Pre-Owned-I...e-2830-XLD-Greensboro-North-Carolina-13262557
1678760799753.png

Last edited:
Reactions: A-K
Sad to think, you could be right....
Or maybe someone with a budget that made buying and setting up a Parker 2830 like that an inexpensive option vice buying a larger inboard express and then they came to the realization that even if you put a lot of lipstick on a pig, it remains a pig.

In this instance the “pig” happens to be a very nice pig and I’m not insulting the Parker 2830, it’s a great boat for the intended purpose but that boat looks like someone was trying to turn it into something that it was never gonna be.

Or maybe someone with a budget that made buying and setting up a Parker 2830 like that an inexpensive option vice buying a larger inboard express and then they came to the realization that even if you put a lot of lipstick on a pig, it remains a pig.

In this instance the “pig” happens to be a very nice pig and I’m not insulting the Parker 2830, it’s a great boat for the intended purpose but that boat looks like someone was trying to turn it into something that it was never gonna be.
All good points! And with the weight of all that extra equipment (especially the gyro) it might just be a 'Pig' after-all! ☺.... I like some of what was done, but I'd have a hard time getting past the fact that none of the windows open. I might go and take a look at it anyway just to see it 'in person'; mostly just curiosity, even though I AM always 'boat-shopping'!☺☺.... I'd like to see where/how all that equipment was installed, and if there is access to maintain it. The gyro? The generator? The AC? The bow-thruster? The holding tank? The 10-gallon Diesel tank? The water-heater? A gyro is super-heavy and requires tremendous amounts of power to run it, and tremendous $$ to maintain it..... I'll bet it can get up an boogie with the twin 300's....

Death , Medical Reasons , Divorce.
Good news on this! No death, medical issues nor divorce! I talked to the Dealer; I had a hundred-questions, and he was super accommodating. The reason for the sale is that the couple who own the boat also have a very large (fancy accommodations) sportfishing boat, and the wife is not crazy about the Parker! She said sell it. He is a 'motivated' seller ☺.
Right now, this is a 'one-off'; it's the only one that's been built and is 'kinda' a prototype. But, the dealer said that Parker plans to put it in to production this year. (I hope with some major changes; at least I hope with openable windows!)

We all know all to well. When mommas not happy you better listen. Because you may end up in the poor house. Lol. Bet ya this guy's heart broken. Probably waited a yr maybe even longer to have this dream boat set up. I'm sure someone will come in and enjoy it.

I thought you all might like to see this. Does anyone know who owns this boat? I hope it's a CP member; give us some info. I have to wonder why someone would pay for all this, then sell it after only 8 months? A buddy of mine sent me this link. I've never seen a Parker like this one .... It's a 2022 2830 XLD with amazing equipment; more than I've ever seen on any other Parker.
Bow-Thruster. Seakeeper II Gyro. Air Conditioning. Diesel generator. FLIR Infrared. Water heater. Full galley, double sink, microwave, frig, etc.. New interior design. Enclosed head. 'Open' cabin from pilothouse to cuddy. No 'carpet' on pilothouse ceiling. Notice that none of the windows open! (I understand it has AC, but no opening windows??) Twin 300 Yamahas with electric steering (why no second bulkhead mount station? It's easy when all electric; no hydraulic).... See all the photos on the link..... With all that said, I didn't know that the 'new Parker' company was making new 2830's. They would have had to have laid this hull in 2021.....

https://www.ncboats.com/Pre-Owned-I...e-2830-XLD-Greensboro-North-Carolina-13262557
View attachment 35946
I'd like to see pictures of the inside if you find them. Might be a reason they don't open or who knows with the money spent do they roll down. Lol. If you find more pictures let us know.

Pep Raly....after you click the link, at the bottom of the description, click the arrow to see interior pictures
Those are impressive. Guy said who needs windows that open. Have AC/heat. Great looking boat.

Not good day if you’re offshore on a hot Summer day and the AC quits.

There is a used Steiger 31 on the market at $400kish with a trim level comparable to this one but IMO more practically set up.

You couldn’t give me see keeper in a 30’ boat…..

Not good day if you’re offshore on a hot Summer day and the AC quits.

There is a used Steiger 31 on the market at $400kish with a trim level comparable to this one but IMO more practically set up.

You couldn’t give me see keeper in a 30’ boat…..
Only option would be to open the hatch. Get pretty steamy lol

As a friend of mine once said, "The more components you put in a boat the more issues you will eventually have." I bought my Parker with the bare minimum to go fishing and not fixing things. The sea keeper may make it better for the roll. but I doubt the "Parker slam" is made better. At that price level there are many boats available if you want to cruise comfortably.

As a friend of mine once said, "The more components you put in a boat the more issues you will eventually have." I bought my Parker with the bare minimum to go fishing and not fixing things. The sea keeper may make it better for the roll. but I doubt the "Parker slam" is made better. At that price level there are many boats available if you want to cruise comfortably.
Agree! This boat is the opposite of the "KISS Principle".... I have no issues with our Parker with beam-to-beam rolling; it's minimal especially under-way when I adjust the tabs. And that is mostly what a Seakeeper is designed to reduce. Of all the equipment on this boat, the Seakeeper would be the first item OFF the 'want-list'... On our last boat, (35' CT Sundeck Trawler; an 8.25 knot/9.5 mph cruise) the SeaKeeper would have been VERY valuable; if I still had that boat, I would add one.
This 2830 is virtually a new boat, and 'pricey'. (The SeaKeeper alone is about $25k Plus Installation). Like you mentioned, there are a lot of larger, older boats available in that price range.

A couple of years ago, during a plant visit with a very knowledgeable, long time supervisor, I asked why the 2830 had been discontinued.

Interesting response: the technical skill level to build out the 2830 was significantly higher that required to produce the more basic smaller models. Like most businesses, attracting and maintaining good employees was and continues to be a challenge, and the higher the skill level the more difficult it is in that area.

Back