Amazing, 2022 2830 XLD. $310,000.00

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of years ago, during a plant visit with a very knowledgeable, long time supervisor, I asked why the 2830 had been discontinued.

Interesting response: the technical skill level to build out the 2830 was significantly higher that required to produce the more basic smaller models. Like most businesses, attracting and maintaining good employees was and continues to be a challenge, and the higher the skill level the more difficult it is in that area.
The broker that I mentioned (His name is Matt, and if you're looking to buy a boat in the Wilmington area, I'd highly recommend him)... that I called to ask about this Parker said, nearly verbatim, what you just mentioned about the added, needed skill level, and how Parker is having a hard time filling needed positions. There are a lot of boat builders in eastern NC, and there's a lot of competition for the skilled labor.

I wish they kept the rear cabin window the same but I like the interior layout
I too like some things about the interior lay-out except;
1) the bulkhead they removed between the pilothouse and v-berth. I'd miss the 'dash-space' from the normal fold-down hatch, and the 'dash-space' on the port-side. And I'd miss having that close-able cabin space.
2) that V-berth is too small to sleep in, unless you're a 4 year-old child! ☺
3) I wish they'd retain that bulkhead, and add a quarter-berth/storage from the V-berth area, into and under the dinette area. I had a 22' boat in the late 1970's that had that. The quarter-berth could sleep two people, and/or be used for tremendous storage. A lot of Grady's have them.
4) I also would miss the 3 forward windows in the pilothouse. The old 28's had three; the middle one opened for ventilation, and the port and starboard ones were fixed. (Or, all three being openable?).

Last edited:
Can you imagine having a budget of 300-400k and deciding that’s the boat for me?! To each their own, but that’s just not a lot of boat when you get into that price range. Never mind all the issues with Parker build quality these days

Can you imagine having a budget of 300-400k and deciding that’s the boat for me?! To each their own, but that’s just not a lot of boat when you get into that price range. Never mind all the issues with Parker build quality these days
Ditto's on your comment about the cost of this particular Parker. Although a lot of that $310k is in SeaKeeper, Flir, Dometic AC, Generator, etc. it's still a lot for a boat that has non-opening windows! ☺
For me, on the new-Parker Company build-quality, 'the jury's still out' as I've not seen any of the new production Parkers 'in person'....

Reactions: A-K
Passed by this 27ft Parker in Key Largo today for sale. 2017 boat and twin 150 Yamaha, they are asking 77k.

Attachments

• 20230317_103212.jpg
    20230317_103212.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230317_103224.jpg
    20230317_103224.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230317_103929.jpg
    20230317_103929.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
I too like some things about the interior lay-out except;
1) the bulkhead they removed between the pilothouse and v-berth. I'd miss the 'dash-space' from the normal fold-down hatch, and the 'dash-space' on the port-side. And I'd miss having that close-able cabin space.
2) that V-berth is too small to sleep in, unless you're a 4 year-old child! ☺
3) I wish they'd retain that bulkhead, and add a quarter-berth/storage from the V-berth area, into and under the dinette area. I had a 22' boat in the late 1970's that had that. The quarter-berth could sleep two people, and/or be used for tremendous storage. A lot of Grady's have them.
4) I also would miss the 3 forward windows in the pilothouse. The old 28's had three; the middle one opened for ventilation, and the port and starboard ones were fixed. (Or, all three being openable?).
True, kind of looks like a 2320 opening to the v-berth minus the head built into the drivers helm station. Looks like maybe that long bench can be made into several configurations? The aesthetics are off though for the pilot house to me from the outside. Looks like a much longer cabin than it is but that’s probably just the internet or the rear window layout

I like the colored hulls Are you sure it's a 27? I didn't know Parker made a 27.... but then, there's a lot I don't know!☺
I thought it was a 25, I have a 23DVCC. I did not want to challenge him. I said I thought it was under powered and needed twin 200's. I told him I liked the boat but would probably not catch any more fish.

I doubt the windows are going to be a deal breaker if you want this boat. Pretty easy to replace and not a significant cost relative to the overall cost of the boat. Replacing windows in my boat now. Timing might be the only annoying part. I was quoted 8 weeks out but have heard longer. This wouldn't be the boat for me and there’s a reason I got rid of my 28 Parker but if you want s 28 ft boat with a cabin, with speed and relatively shallow draft your choices are limited. As for price…new boat prices are crazy.

Attachments

• 2B54DBB9-1ACF-4474-A245-3B8FCCDE2E24.png
    2B54DBB9-1ACF-4474-A245-3B8FCCDE2E24.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 2
The broker that I mentioned (His name is Matt, and if you're looking to buy a boat in the Wilmington area, I'd highly recommend him)... that I called to ask about this Parker said, nearly verbatim, what you just mentioned about the added, needed skill level, and how Parker is having a hard time filling needed positions. There are a lot of boat builders in eastern NC, and there's a lot of competition for the skilled labor.
Matt Mabe at Boats Unlimited?

Oh yeah, Matt's my old roommate in college. Known him for 20 yrs really good friend. I had to step onto that new Parker last time I was down there. Man she's nice got a HUGE cabin, but for that $$$ I'd rather have a downeaster or custom boat in the slip, seems a lot to trailer. The windows are sealed, which I guess is OK since she's got AC, but I'm sure I'm like everyone else nice to have some breeze in your face when on plane. I do always wonder about the window issues folks get with pilothouses. I have the old Wynnes, sanded and painted and need to do again. Probably should just bite the bullet and replace with DSG but can't justify convincing my wife I NEED new windows. At least until my kids are older lol

Oh yeah, Matt's my old roommate in college. Known him for 20 yrs really good friend. I had to step onto that new Parker last time I was down there. Man she's nice got a HUGE cabin, but for that $$$ I'd rather have a downeaster or custom boat in the slip, seems a lot to trailer. The windows are sealed, which I guess is OK since she's got AC, but I'm sure I'm like everyone else nice to have some breeze in your face when on plane. I do always wonder about the window issues folks get with pilothouses. I have the old Wynnes, sanded and painted and need to do again. Probably should just bite the bullet and replace with DSG but can't justify convincing my wife I NEED new windows. At least until my kids are older lol
I've had dealing and contacts with a lot of boat dealers/salesmen/reps, since the 1960's. My experience with Matt was me making a simple 'cold-call', and with me asking him a LOT of questions about this boat. He didn't know if I was a serious, potential buyer (by the way, I am always just that) or just a keel-kicker. None the less, Matt took the time to answer all of my questions in a professional, knowledgeable, and (very importantly), polite, friendly way. The "Closest Parker Dealer To The Parker Factory", in Morehead City should consider paying Matt as a training-consultant to come to their facility to teach them how to deal with customers.....
The non-opening windows will be an issue for some, but not so for others (obviously, the original owner opted for non-opening!).... There's a lot of discussion here on CP about the corroded aluminum windows. In hind-sight, the best cure is prevention; but that's too late for most folks as they're often referring to a Parker with multiple past owners. It also has something to do with the quality of the windows. Our 1986 CT 35 has Gebo aluminum windows and ports. There are 17 windows/ports in total. They look as good today, as they did when they were new. (over 36 years!). We don't own the boat any longer, but I keep close tabs on some of our old boats, and visit them regularly! ☺

Last edited:
Back