American Red Snapper fishing on the 2320 N. Florida. "Old Glory"

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sydngoose

Reaction score
Good morning. The South Atlantic Fish Managment Counsel ( SAFMC) graciously allowed us East Coast fisherman a 3 day snapper season. I was able to get out on day 3 this past Sunday with my 3 good buddies. We got our limit of Snapper at the 1st stop in 6 and 1/2 minutes. We spend the rest of the day looking for Cobia and trigger fish.

6552-D82-F-754-E-4-D47-9274-21-FA50-D06-A04.jpg

AF03-A82-D-79-AC-490-C-B97-A-27-DD8-CB6-FB36.jpg

7-A946865-4-BF3-4-D3-C-AD1-C-5536-B5477-A45.jpg

1148-DEB4-37-F9-4-D68-99-C7-25026-EA4-E370.jpg

14727967-E044-4-F40-BFDF-BCAEB3679-F39.jpg

B3-C5-A74-A-5954-4-C7-F-B3-D6-54-E94-A66-D7-A5.jpg

1-CE3-DCB9-DE0-F-4-C18-8-EA9-EDDB03-A8-ED03.jpg

DBD36005-4-A48-4-A9-D-8-F6-E-76086-A5-AAFF2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like an awesome time! Would you mind snapping a picture of your deck layout? Trying to figure out how much space I can eat in the middle for dive gear and still be fishable for 3-4 people (I also have a 2nd station on the unit I ordered).

Looks like an awesome time! Would you mind snapping a picture of your deck layout? Trying to figure out how much space I can eat in the middle for dive gear and still be fishable for 3-4 people (I also have a 2nd station on the unit I ordered).

that is an Engel 240 sitting midline on the deck with Kennedy tie down system forward and aft.
also I do have the flip up cockpit lounge seat option which is very nice!

896-DF0-F3-9-CFF-437-C-859-E-725-B757-D7-E23.jpg

that is an Engel 240 sitting midline on the deck with Kennedy tie down system forward and aft.
also I do have the flip up cockpit lounge seat option which is very nice!

896-DF0-F3-9-CFF-437-C-859-E-725-B757-D7-E23.jpg

Thanks a bunch!

If you don't mind further questions....

1) Does that eye the cooler is hooked to present a snag hazard/toe stub risk when the cooler isn't there?
2) How wide is the cabin door?

@sydngoose I'm going to pile on with questions! lol Hope you do not mind!

Since you have one of the best, if not THE best setups of those new 2320, I value your opinion above and beyond.

I'm seriously debating swapping the bench in the cabin with one or possibly two captain/admiral chairs with suspension.
WOnder if you have given it any thought, if you don't mind sharing?

Ride comfort in the cabin while sitting on the bench is okay in flat conditions but becomes marginal to non-sustainable quickly when the conditions worsen. WHile the premium seaspension captain's chair is great, if I could squeeze two chairs facing forward in place of the bench I would likely do it.

And not to completely pollute your thread, but - is there aftermarket for a cabin bench?

--

Thanks a bunch!

If you don't mind further questions....

1) Does that eye the cooler is hooked to present a snag hazard/toe stub risk when the cooler isn't there?
2) How wide is the cabin door?

The eye is removable. It is threaded and screws into an 1/8” profile bolt that is thru-bolted into the deck. When the cooler is removed you are only left w two 1” diameter super low profile (1/8” tall) fasteners.
I don’t know the cabin door width, but I can measure sometime soon for you.
Kennedy tie down:

3-A38-EAC3-D3-F1-427-A-AF86-FC71-E7-ED935-B.png

The eye is removable. It is threaded and screws into an 1/8” profile bolt that is thru-bolted into the deck. When the cooler is removed you are only left w two 1” diameter super low profile (1/8” tall) fasteners.

Super cool! Perfect timing as I am meeting with a manufacturer today to work on my tank rack design. This looks like a great solve to facilitate a removable fixture for when I'm not diving, and that can readily accept a cooler as an alternative.

Appreciate that!

@sydngoose I'm going to pile on with questions! lol Hope you do not mind!

Since you have one of the best, if not THE best setups of those new 2320, I value your opinion above and beyond.

I'm seriously debating swapping the bench in the cabin with one or possibly two captain/admiral chairs with suspension.
WOnder if you have given it any thought, if you don't mind sharing?

Ride comfort in the cabin while sitting on the bench is okay in flat conditions but becomes marginal to non-sustainable quickly when the conditions worsen. WHile the premium seaspension captain's chair is great, if I could squeeze two chairs facing forward in place of the bench I would likely do it.

And not to completely pollute your thread, but - is there aftermarket for a cabin bench?

--

Hey there. Thanks for the compliment. Before I do any modifications, I do a TON of reading, measuring, talking to others who have done similar or at least can spit ball ideas with me. Also, I am buddies with a local fabricator/ rigger who is doing things in the industry that nobody else even thought of yet. So, I run ideas by Tony Eden a lot due to his level of imagination and "can do" attitude.
But, to answer your specific question: Yes, there have been two posts on classic Parker in the past 6 months about removing the bench seat and adding seaspension helm chairs instead. I want to say off the top my head, Vincent Cullver did one...and the other one may have been the boat named "boomerang". I know there is space there to accomplish exactly what you are proposing.

I do not know of an aftermarket bench seat but they can be readily ordered via your Parker dealer. If you are referring to the cockpit lounge seat, Birdsall marine in S. Florida has a bench seat that would work for that application: I had one on my last boat, an Albury Brothers. It was very convenient and comfortable: Deployed when needed, folded up/ down when fishing.

For me, and my application, I need the bench seat ( in the cabin). I have a darling wife who loves to sit forward / aft positioned on that bench. I also have three children ( 4,6, 8 years old) who love to sit on that bench. Also, my fishing buddies have dialed in their seats of choice: I usually have one fishing buddy on the bench seat and one sitting on the forward edge of the Engel with his feet on the cabin door jam bottom. My last fishing partner takes the cockpit lounge seat. So, they never complain or ask about seating inside the cabin.

Now, my next two projects are : under gunnel LED changing lights ( bluetooth controlled via the Simrads) and I am preparing to install an A/C system inside the cabin ( the children and my wife requested it). So, once the A/C is in, I am sure my buddies will like the cabin for the longer runs back to the inlet at sunset. Time will tell. Hope that helps.

If that is the Ortega Bridge, that’s a long haul to Mayport?

haha! Yep sure is. We ran from my dock to mayport, then to CH, BR,NSS,BB
then back through the inlet and the 27 mile ride back home down the St John’s River to the Ortega River. 140 miles round trip.
Dock to dock time 9 hrs 45 min
68 gallons of fuel burned. Dry in the pilot house.

Nice job.

I live in the northwest and have always wanted to catch red snapper.

We are only allowed 1 fish/ angler for 3 days/ year: it was this past Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is lunacy as they are thick as thieves. So prolific they have run off all the grouper within 30 miles of NE Florida coastline. They eat the beeliners, the black seabass and any other reef fish around. It's a real problem here that is due to mismanagement and politics. They sure do taste delicious!

haha! Yep sure is. We ran from my dock to mayport, then to CH, BR,NSS,BB
then back through the inlet and the 27 mile ride back home down the St John’s River to the Ortega River. 140 miles round trip.
Dock to dock time 9 hrs 45 min
68 gallons of fuel burned. Dry in the pilot house.

That sure keeps you out of the cluster at the Mayport ramp. No parking issue either.

We are only allowed 1 fish/ angler for 3 days/ year: it was this past Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is lunacy as they are thick as thieves. So prolific they have run off all the grouper within 30 miles of NE Florida coastline. They eat the beeliners, the black seabass and any other reef fish around. It's a real problem here that is due to mismanagement and politics. They sure do taste delicious!

sounds like you guys have the same screwed fishing politics we have in the NW.

Beautiful fish!... and you're giving Swatski a run for the money with the beautiful pictures!

Last edited:
Kennedy tie down:

3-A38-EAC3-D3-F1-427-A-AF86-FC71-E7-ED935-B.png
I just received the kit. It feels SUPER solid.
Funny thing is, me being an avid amazon shopper, I'm reflexively anticipating things to appear significantly smaller/ lesser-built as compared to portal pics... but not this one!

It feels overbuilt, pretty awesome.

Now, I just need to figure out who in my family has the longest arms, lol, or get some grippy wrench extension tool and my borescope ready to install this kit!
:)
--

Back