American Red Snapper fishing on the 2320 N. Florida. "Old Glory"

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received the kit. It feels SUPER solid.
Funny thing is, me being an avid amazon shopper, I'm reflexively anticipating things to appear significantly smaller/ lesser-built as compared to portal pics... but not this one!

It feels overbuilt, pretty awesome.

Now, I just need to figure out who in my family has the longest arms, lol, or get some grippy wrench extension tool and my borescope ready to install this kit!
:)
--

Right? I have been using Kennedy Tie Downs for 7-8 years on 5-6 different boats. NEVER a single failure. I even had some powder coated for a higher end build I did. They hold up great. I would challenge anyone to find a better system, a lower profile system for cooler retention.

Also, w/ the for and aft inspection plates in the cockpit, thru-bolting these is easy access. At least for my Engel 240 spacing.... easy to thru-bolt. I use 4200 for bedding compound.

Right? I have been using Kennedy Tie Downs for 7-8 years on 5-6 different boats. NEVER a single failure. I even had some powder coated for a higher end build I did. They hold up great. I would challenge anyone to find a better system, a lower profile system for cooler retention.

Also, w/ the for and aft inspection plates in the cockpit, thru-bolting these is easy access. At least for my Engel 240 spacing.... easy to thru-bolt. I use 4200 for bedding compound.
I'm looking to use these for a cooler in the bow of my 23se. I have no access plates. Any suggestions on installation? Thanks.

I'm looking to use these for a cooler in the bow of my 23se. I have no access plates. Any suggestions on installation? Thanks.

I had a boat, a Jones Brothers 26 Cape Fisherman that I installed this system in the bow for the same application. Like you, I had no access to thru-bolt, so I predrilled my holes, bedded the lag screws in 4200 and installed them. They never moved and I suspect they are still where I installed them 4 years ago.
Although it is not ideal, I have installed these with lag screws and 4200. My results were excellent. Just use common sense when you apply your straps: Don't super man cinch them. The coolers weight will keep it mostly in place. The Kennedy Tie downs just keep it from shifting, bouncing, walking...

Thanks. I wouldn't be comfortable with lag bolt installation. I think the deck is 3/4 thick. Do you think 1/2 or 5/8 screws with 4200 would be enough to hold the cooler?

Those Cape Fisherman are sweet boats..

Thanks. I wouldn't be comfortable with lag bolt installation. I think the deck is 3/4 thick. Do you think 1/2 or 5/8 screws with 4200 would be enough to hold the cooler?

Those Cape Fisherman are sweet boats..

I would assume your deck is encapsulated marine ply. You could overdrill your holes, back fill via a syringe with six 10, smooth it. Let it cure. Then drill your pilothole in the center of your thickened epoxy, then screw your fasteners into the epoxy rather then plywood deck.
or
Truthfully, just bed it w/ 4200 and go right into the plywood. Be generous with your sealant.
I would use 3/4", just make them snug, not impacted in/ through. It'll be fine.

@sydngoose I'm getting closer to my delivery date and figuring out the last of my electronics. Remembered this post had some nice pictures of your 2nd station screen. Would you mind me asking what size it is?

Back