Anchor Locker Drain

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
anybody ever though of a way to seal the anchor locker and make a drain hole overboard, could it be done and would it be a bad idea, every time the anchor is used and retrieved, all that salt water from the chain and rope goes into the buildge of the boat, then splashes all over the wiring in the buildge, is there a solution as alot of boats have a sealed rope and chain locker and the water that drips off the rode goes overbaord, and thought from anyone ?

I filled my drain with marinetex and used a stainless clamshell to drain over board. Just make sure you put the drain at the very bottom so water does not sit in there.

Not a bad idea. Striper boats have just such a drain from the locker thru a tube and out the bow.

Not a bad idea. Striper boats have just such a drain from the locker thru a tube and out the bow.

anybody ever though of a way to seal the anchor locker and make a drain hole overboard, could it be done and would it be a bad idea, every time the anchor is used and retrieved, all that salt water from the chain and rope goes into the buildge of the boat, then splashes all over the wiring in the buildge, is there a solution as alot of boats have a sealed rope and chain locker and the water that drips off the rode goes overbaord, and thought from anyone ?
Have any Parker owners figured out a solution to this water-issue?
I've been searching 'the CP archives'; found this post from 12 years ago.
It asks/ addresses one of the biggest issues (dislikes?) I have with my Parker. I would prefer that the water that gets into the anchor locker be immediately drained overboard. And not have it drain all the way through the bilges of the boat. After every rain I have to pump/sponge/ tile-up, soak-up 2+ gallons of water that has entered the boat via the windlass hole, and the hatch on the bow, and ends up all the way to the stern bilge..... Do others have this issue? Has anyone figured out a way to raise the 'floor' of the anchor-rode locker, and install (drill !) a drain and clam-vent to allow the water to go directly overboard?

Last edited:
Parker has addressed the issue with the new boats - they have a drain from locker to starboard bow. No clam shell installed so the hole looks almost like a defect.

I glassed in a raised floor in my anchor locker. Raised it about 10" to get the drain holes I drilled well above the waterline. I drilled a 1/2" hole on each side and covered them with aft facing stainless clamshells.

I glassed in a raised floor in my anchor locker. Raised it about 10" to get the drain holes I drilled well above the waterline. I drilled a 1/2" hole on each side and covered them with aft facing stainless clamshells.
That's a project that's on my 'want-to-do' list.... Did you take any pictures of the anchor locker floor?

WarrenD, if you have or can get any pictures of your installation I'd imagine may other members as well as myself would be interested in your solution.

Parker has addressed the issue with the new boats - they have a drain from locker to starboard bow. No clam shell installed so the hole looks almost like a defect.
I have a 2021 2100 dvcc and it does not have a drain outboard for the anchor locker. It simply has the drain into the bilge. Can you post a picture of the drain that goes outboard? Does it still have the drain into the bilge?

Sorry guys, I am just now seeing your posts asking for photos. Next time I am at my boat I will take a few.

Back