Anchor size

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishaddict

Reaction score
What is the size/brand Parker puts in 1801? My boat came without one. Thank you.

Here is the complete kit.
#8 Kit
This anchor is fine and fits in the space with the included chain and line. I use it all the time and it holds well in good conditions but 5' of chain isnt enough if it gets rough. Youd have to trade off some line to fit more chain. I carry 2 additional sets. One is the stern set for when we anchor at the beach, The other is a backup for when the weekend warriors run over the lines.
Edit: My OEM set has the vinyl coated chain.

Thank you guys!!! Hopefully I will need it for coastguard compliance only. Most of my fishing is trolling.

Looked all over web. It looks like they stopped making it??

Looked all over web. It looks like they stopped making it??

Fishaddict, you’re probably overthinking it. Measure the opening to your anchor locker, and buy an anchor with appropriate dimensions. If you’ve got the top hatch with the clips that hold the anchor, your limiting dimension will be the length of the stock (the round bars on each side). Probably a 5-8lb Danforth will be the ticket, unless you go with a Fortress or something for weight, but all the manufacturers have a size-weight-boat length-dimensions chart that will help you. Get 200’ of 1/2” anchor rode with 10’ of chain spliced onto it, and call it a day. The USCG isn’t going to care about whether or not it’s OEM. This setup will serve you well in 90% of anchoring situations.

What is the size/brand Parker puts in 1801? My boat came without one. Thank you.
I use a rather heavy plow anchor and chain mounted on my bow bulpit of my 23 DVCC for anchoring in turtle grass in the Florida Keys in up to 40 feet of water. On rocky bottom in 80 feet plus I use a grapple with a zip tie which breaks and pulls the grapple from the rear, and use a floating mooring ball and large stainless steel ring to lift it off the bottom.

As I said I need an anchor for CG inspection and emergency. I want it to fit well so it does not crash into fiberglass. Looks like my space for anchor round stoke part is 15 '' max and length is about 17'' judging by locker depth. This puts me in 4lbs anchor range. most of what I found is longer even in 4 lbs range. another issue is these 2 rectangular pieces in some of them are too long and will obstruct lid closing. I do not want to do a lot of grinding.

Like Pelagic said, Dont over think it.
I just went out and looked at mine again. Looks like whats in there is as big as they could go with the anchor. As far as chain and line there is only 4.5' of vinyl coated chain and 80' of line. If I wanted to add more it would require stratigic coiling when stowing. The coiled line at the bottom acts as a cushion so the fiberglass doesnt get messed up from the anchor. I'm not in deep waters often but I do have the stern anchor line if needed.
My locker depth is 24" empty

Just spoke to Dutton- Lainson company and they quit making them about 10 years ago due to imports. Lady gave me measurements over the phone. #8 that you have probably have bar cut shorter to fit into the locker. LD #4 will fit perfect. Tie Down 94011 has same dimensions. It is 5lbs

Tomc585
What year is your Parker? I assume yours is 1801. Mine is 2003 with casting platform. I spoke to a dealer in RI and they are putting 4s Tie Down anchor. Ordered it and 100 ft rode.

Back