Antenna Mounting bracket support

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miker1234

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m mounting a 8’ Shakespeare phase 3 on my 2320. I notice after I added the antenna that the roof has a little flex when the antenna moves back and forth. I used pretty large washers on the back side for more surface area. Should I add plate on the backside or get a shorter 4’ antenna?

Thanks in advance!0433C479-DA13-42A2-9F97-A433865ABBF2.jpeg

Last edited:
You don't want a 4ft antenna and cut your reception distance. Add a 6" X 6" x 1/4" plate on the inside.....Also radius the corners of the plate....Pointy corners induce a pressure point.

You don't want a 4ft antenna and cut your reception distance. Add a 6" X 6" x 1/4" plate on the inside.....Also radius the corners of the plate....Pointy corners induce a pressure point.
That’s what I was thinking too. I’ll buy the plate today. I’ll need to open up the speaker hole for more access so I can fit the plate.

Also note that in that spot where the cables run in the roof you’re mounting on one layer of fiberglass but there’s no core. I’d suggest moving your antenna mount maybe 10” forward and off of that hollow area where it is now so you have a layer of glass on both sides of the wood core. Then use a cable clam to run the wire into the hollow area where your mount is right now. Keep in mind where your bolts would come through and avoid being directly overhead the rear seat.

If you do this you’ll want to epoxy the holes you drill through the wood core to block water intrusion. In addition to sealing the base with 4200.

Reactions: Efx
Also note that in that spot where the cables run in the roof you’re mounting on one layer of fiberglass but there’s no core. I’d suggest moving your antenna mount maybe 10” forward and off of that hollow area where it is now so you have a layer of glass on both sides of the wood core. Then use a cable clam to run the wire into the hollow area where your mount is right now. Keep in mind where your bolts would come through and avoid being directly overhead the rear seat.

If you do this you’ll want to epoxy the holes you drill through the wood core to block water intrusion. In addition to sealing the base with 4200.
Thank you so much! I did try a plate with no success. I’m going to move it forward like you mentioned. I’ve seen many other Parker’s with the antenna mounted in the hallow section and I just don’t know how they are getting it to work. Maybe it’s thinner in newer models or they are using a thinner light weight antenna.

I’d suggest moving your antenna mount maybe 10” forward and off of that hollow area where it is now so you have a layer of glass on both sides of the wood core.

LOL...I could not see that from the single pix.....and agree....

Mine is mounted on a bracket attached to my rocket launchers. Gain a little bit of height and no drilling into roof

Attachments

• C02065AD-A52E-4FDF-AEC2-BDC1E7151065.jpeg
    C02065AD-A52E-4FDF-AEC2-BDC1E7151065.jpeg
    609.5 KB · Views: 1
Mine is mounted on a bracket attached to my rocket launchers. Gain a little bit of height and no drilling into roof
Thanks for the picture. Are you getting good readings with your transducer locations? How far do they hang below the bottom of the hull?

Ya I get accurate readings. No discrepancy between the two. They were mounted by the previous owner but they appear to be in specs of what garmin recommends. Both tilted slightly down maybe 10 degrees. I don’t loose bottom of that what your asking

Back