Any drastic changes to Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-K

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey gang!

First off let me say I think or know Parker builds a solid boat. I’m happy with my 2016 2320 and Yamaha 300 combo. I run mine mostly offshore May-September in the Pacific Northwest

Im curious with the new ownership if any major changes have been had or any changes in the future. I saw a video where Linwood discussed coosa stingers encapsulated in glass, which I assumed they may be phasing wood out in certain locations.

Tight lines!

Anybody know where we can find a list of changes year by year. im Curious to know what major changes have been made. Examples: I notice some boats have an inset where the outboard mounts to the bracket Some years have grey interior trim vs brown. Door changed to rounded Corners and almost flush to pilothouse when opened.

Just stopped by my dealer for some parts and Parker has decided to stop production of all Walkarounds, the Dual console, the 26 SH and some of the MV models. These models are not selling well, supposedly. Dealer didn’t sound thrilled.

Always remember when the new owners say “no changes”. Major changes are already in the works. Usually revolve around lower quality or less options.

I saw on a YouTube video that wood is getting phased out. I’m guessing this move is to stay competitive.

I can't speak for all models, but the 2801 today is 1400 lbs. lighter with reduced fuel capacity from 300 gal. to 232 gal. I've seen the new 2801s at the boat shows and would have a hard time swapping my '03. I prefer the full transom fish box among other things. Also, I think Parker is really putting emphasis on their bay boat. That 2600SH is super nice and finished off unlike the other CCs. Sad to hear they're canceling the dual console, if true. Doesn't seem like a good idea as those models have become very popular with many other manufacturers and the Parker Dual Console is as nice as any of the others out there.

With the cost (and availability!) of wood now-a-days, it may have been their only option! ☺
The dealer actually said they are moving away from wood because of the cost increase. He had concerns about models weighing less without the wood structure. Also said the SH bay boat was the last model designed by Linwood, so its kinda of slap to now discontinue it. I hope they figure it out and not screw it up!

Very true. The log trucks are moving non stop up here in Washington State. They are known for being a bunch of crazy bastards so everyone gives them a wide berth. 😲
We live in eastern NC, and the loggers are working overtime! I'm not sure how much of the local timbers are used for house and/or boat building; it's mostly fast-growth pine used for paper products/pulp. Forests around here are grown like corn-crops! Quick growth. Harvest. Replant. And the cycle continues on....
There is also a lot of cypress logged around here; I've been told much of it (most of it?) is shipped overseas... (Via Mackey's Lumber Co.)

Last edited:
Reactions: A-K
We live in eastern NC, and the loggers are working overtime! I'm not sure how much of the local timbers are used for house and/or boat building; it's mostly fast-growth pine used for paper products/pulp. Forests around here are grown like corn-crops! Quick growth. Harvest. Replant. And the cycle continues on....
There is also a lot of cypress logged around here; I've been told much of it (most of it?) is shipped overseas... (Via Mackey's Lumber Co.)

personally I like the feel of a boat with wood in it. Just feels solid. Not that other process are bad or not as good…I just think the wood cored boats feel tough.

Back