Any idea on how to minimize splashes on the notched transom?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapie408

Reaction score
I was out fishing on the 2120 in the ocean yesterday in 5ft swells, when we need to hold positive with gears in reverse, we had lots of water coming into the transom and of course got wet feet.

A friend that was fishing with us was on a chawk, on their notch transom I noticed a piece of rubber or some kind that is attached to the notch, I believe the purpose is to reduce the splashes and flexible enough to bend when the motor turns.

I'm thinking about fabricating something like this and attached to the transom opening, perhaps some thick pieces of rubber. Has anyone done this?

Last edited:
I was out fishing on the 2120 in the ocean yesterday in 5ft swells, when we need to hold positive with gears in reverse, we had lots of water coming into the transom and of course got wet feet.

I bought a friend's son that was fishing with us was a Seahawk, on their notch transom I noticed a piece of rubber or some kind that is attached to the notch Samsung I believe the purpose is to reduce the splashes and flexible enough to bend when the motor turns.

I'm thinking about fabricating something like this and attached to the transom opening, perhaps some thick pieces of rubber. Has anyone done this?

2021 this is what did works great

Attachments

• back1.jpeg
    back1.jpeg
    437.7 KB · Views: 32
  • back2.jpeg
    back2.jpeg
    451.7 KB · Views: 32
2021 this is what did works great
Looks to be only 5 or so inches higher? Not sure how effective it will be for west coast waters but that's about the same idea.

I'm thinking about using a rubber truck mud flaps that is semi regid and bring it all the way up to the top.

Back