Any of you Pro captains keep track of what it cost you to...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Tidy

Reaction score
... operate you boat per hour?

Not including you guide fees, but what it cost to run the boat. Gas, oil, registration fees, maintenance costs what do you use?

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not a pro, so for me B.O.A.T means "Break out another thousand." Admiral claims the boat is a hole in the water into which I throw my money.

If I ever tried to calculate the cost per hour, she would require me to sell it.

I'm with Dave on that one Ken. 8)

I know my cost-per-hour for fuel and oil, but everything else I try to 'shield' from the Admiral. :D

Stopped into Anglers yesterday to replace some metal and topwater lures that I've lost lately (and to add a few new ones) and the bill was $85. :shock:
But... While I was there, Charlie showed me a better knot to use for my braid-to-leader than my usual 10x10, so it was still a good shopping experience. It's also one reason why I buy from my local tackle shops. :wink:

I save all boating related receipts, and could figure my operating cost, but as a rec fisherman, I don't think I want to.
It might take the fun out of it. :)

As a recreation fisherman/boater I think I spend around $6000 a year. Slip, Gas, Insurance, Maintenance, etc., I don't have a boat payment. I would never add up receipts because it most likely be more.

don't know true actual costs per hour, i do know i get about 2.5-3.0 MPG. depending on how i run it and how many folks i have on the trip plus how many rock collections they want to bring.

I'm actually saving all my receipts this year. Not looking forward to adding it up in December. :shock:

Back