Anybody ever moved their console?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik_L

Reaction score
I have an 88 21 sport cc (same as se). I have new 4 stroke weight in the back, the leaning post I installed this past year is a little close to the console. No room to move the leaning post back. Has anyone moved there console forward? Only looking to go 8-12 inches cause of cables and wires. Doing the work myself is not an issue, just wondering if anyone else has done it, and how they like it. Pros cons, that kinda stuff.

Thanks
Erik 20201213_135900.jpg

I always wondered about that, having the desire to create more room in the aft section since I dont have casting platform so theres more room. The only obstical i can think of (other than the things you mentioned, cables and such) is the cutout in the deck inside the console which may restrict how far forward you can go without major repair work.
I dont think the weight forward would be a negative or at least marjinal.
Maybe its an engineering thing for its current location?

One of our tow boats (not a Parker) has had the console moved back in order to make the ride a little better. That being said I gotta believe the more forward you go, the more bumpy it’s gonna get. Just my two pennies worth

Erik,

I thought about moving the console on my '90 1800 forward just a bit to gain additional room in the aft cockpit. My boat is probably set up similar to yours - all of the cables and wiring are fed thru about a 4" pipe in the cockpit sole on the starboard side and then aft a little to their termination on the console. It looked like there was enough slack in cables and wiring to maybe move the console forward about 8" to 10", which was about all you could do and stay clear of the pie plates on the cockpit sole. I ended up keeping it in the same location after installing a leaning post that gave me more room aft as compared to the old cooler seat.

Cap'n Dan

Provided that your console is the "tub" type, where the entire console sits on top of the deck, rather than having a drop down floor, you can move the console wherever you'd like as long as the cables and rigging tube will reach. If moving it too far, you'll need new cables, and may need to extend your rigging tube which will involve ripping up a portion of the deck.

Remember that in moving it, you'll have to re-drill new holes and seal the old ones. This may be difficult to do unless you have the ability to lift the console entirely. The same thing may be true with rigging tubes, if they stand proud above the deck at all rather than being flush.

Overall, I'd say that there are very few concerns with moving the console, other than making sure that your deck penetrations are properly repaired and sealed with epoxy so that you don't risk water intrusion into the hull.

Back