Anybody out there with 2320 W/round splashguard ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amarino

Reaction score
I am looking at an older 2320 with that rounded splash guard and was wondering what are some of the Cons and Pros of this model.
thanks you.

I guess it’s a notched transom with a splash guard. I thought it was round but not View attachment 31175

Attachments

• 3B3CA2C0-80DF-401A-9D4F-CD0165E3F310.jpeg
    3B3CA2C0-80DF-401A-9D4F-CD0165E3F310.jpeg
    644.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Others probably have better insight but... A closed transom with a bracket that puts the motors further back makes the boat ride like a larger boat due to the increased length of boat in the water. And you usually get some more storage, although the transom fish box on most older models are not insulated and don't get used as anything more than storage a lot of times. The notched transom can be nice for tucking the motor up closer to the cockpit so you don't struggle to guide a hooked fish around the motors. But depending on the boat and the motor weight you might need to watch for waves following into the boat when you back off the throttle. If the boat is old enough to originally have two stroke engines, then keep in mind the newer four strokes tend to be heavier and might make boat ride a little lower in the water towards the transom.

If you need your 23 to handle waves like a 25 then a bracket might be good. If you can get to your spots pretty quick and the seas aren't too bad then the notched transom might be better.

Thanks for your insight . The boat does have an original two stroke that at some point I would want to repower with a new four stroke . I guess I would have to research that as well like you mentioned. Obviously the 4 strokes are heavier and with notched transom it could be an issue.

Back