Anybody replaced combo popup cleat/rodholders?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanLovingood

Reaction score
My 2019 2520 XLD came equiped with combination popup cleat/rodholders on the stern. I don't really like them as cleats - they are OK as a rodholder, but just don't function that great as a cleat. Has anybody replaced these and if so I would be interested in your solution. Here is a picture that I grabbed off ebay that is pretty close to what I have:

Cap'n Dan

Attachments

• rodholder cleat.jpg
    rodholder cleat.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 11
My 2019 2520 XLD came equiped with combination popup cleat/rodholders on the stern. I don't really like them as cleats - they are OK as a rodholder, but just don't function that great as a cleat. Has anybody replaced these and if so I would be interested in your solution. Here is a picture that I grabbed off ebay that is pretty close to what I have:

Cap'n Dan
Dan, your rodholder/cleat design appears to be made by Accon marine. You may want to check with them to see if they have any products that are a drop-in replacement. Otherwise, you can dig around on their site to see what might fit your application and/or the holes you've already got. Cleats - Shop Pop-Up®, Pull-Up, Folding, & Slim-Line™ Cleats. I checked through preliminarily, it looks like their 8" Wide Line pull-up cleat might cover the bolt holes from your current installation. Gemlux also has a great line up pull-up cleats, very high quality.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0483/2428/0487/files/9814-6-30-CATALOG.pdf?v=1603995658https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0483/2428/0487/files/305-8.pdf?v=1603997337

Thanks pelagic! That appears to be a good resource. Gotta love manufacurers that provide measured and to-scale drawings of their products. I need to go down to the boat, do some measuring and scratch my head a little to see if it is worth doing a modification. I would have to add another rodholder to replace the one being removed and already have plans to add additional rodholders. The current location may be the best spot for the rodholder, so would have to figure out where to put a new one.

Cap'n Dan

Latest posts

Back