Anyone familiar with these Parker bolster helm chairs?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gobbi_Fishing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
C19A6931-1006-4CF0-A554-2E0A2955161C.png1BA858C9-8F9E-41CD-8CBE-24F4F1999D6D.png
Is anyone familiar with these helm chairs? I found them at Great Lakes Skipper and they are made specifically for Parker boats, even have the Parker logo on the back pad. They are at a decent price of $400 but just wondering if they are any good? Anyone have any experience with them? I also plan on getting a seaspension pedestal as well.

I think they were standard equipment on the 21's back when I bought my 1801 in 2015. I special ordered my boat and had these seats installed in lieu of the bench seat. I love them. Any specific questions? Mine are 7 years old and still look great.

I think they were standard equipment on the 21's back when I bought my 1801 in 2015. I special ordered my boat and had these seats installed in lieu of the bench seat. I love them. Any specific questions? Mine are 7 years old and still look great.
Thanks for the reply Steve, I must have missed it if they were offered as Original Equipment. I just wanted to know if the quality was good because I’m definitely interested in getting a good helm chair at a fair price point. I also think they look pretty good. It’s nice to know that you love yours and they’ve held up after 7 years. Would you mind posting pictures of yours? If not maybe DM?

Did you order them? I'm also considering the same seat. Was curious if they're measurements were correct since the whole return/exchange process seems complicated and their shipping isn't cheap. Approximate measurements from site:
  • Bolster Down: 24 1/2" L x 18 3/4" W x 21 3/4" H
  • Bolster Up: 22 1/2" L x 18 3/4" W x 21 3/4" H
Also says the bolster adds 5 1/2" to height when up, but only reduces the length be 2"?

Did you order them? I'm also considering the same seat. Was curious if they're measurements were correct since the whole return/exchange process seems complicated and their shipping isn't cheap. Approximate measurements from site:
  • Bolster Down: 24 1/2" L x 18 3/4" W x 21 3/4" H
  • Bolster Up: 22 1/2" L x 18 3/4" W x 21 3/4" H
Also says the bolster adds 5 1/2" to height when up, but only reduces the length be 2"?
Not yet, this is definitely on my to-do list along with a suspension equipped seat post. But I’m trying to prioritize these upgrades while still remaining married, if you know what I mean.

I didn’t realize there was a shipping cost, usually when it’s over a certain amount shipping is free. I hope to get to this some time this year.

The way I see it, for my situation, the seat would remain with bolster down, as I cannot really stand and navigate the boat, I’m 5’8” and my rig is a 2120SC. My main thing would be comfort level of this seat and hopefully longevity

I put these on my Parker 21se ‘99 because the old seats were looking worn. I have had them for 2 months. I really like the seat and enjoy the flexibility of standing or sitting while running to a fishing spot. Worth the money in my opinion for what I needed. DCDB46ED-8A9F-4FA3-BB2E-091FDEFBDD1C.jpeg

Not yet, this is definitely on my to-do list along with a suspension equipped seat post. But I’m trying to prioritize these upgrades while still remaining married, if you know what I mean.

I didn’t realize there was a shipping cost, usually when it’s over a certain amount shipping is free. I hope to get to this some time this year.

The way I see it, for my situation, the seat would remain with bolster down, as I cannot really stand and navigate the boat, I’m 5’8” and my rig is a 2120SC. My main thing would be comfort level of this seat and hopefully longevity
Pro Pedestals make such a beefy product.

Thanks for the response. I think shipping was somewhere around $70 to CT.

I'm looking to get a bit of extra height. I'm in a Key West DC (not Parker, please don't boot me from site) and the chairs are low. Don't really want to replace the pedestal to start with but its on the list.

I put these on my Parker 21se ‘99 because the old seats were looking worn. I have had them for 2 months. I really like the seat and enjoy the flexibility of standing or sitting while running to a fishing spot. Worth the money in my opinion for what I needed. View attachment 35279
Did you get them from Great Lakes Skipper? Curious how the experience was.

Do you think the measurements they supplied are accurate? They list them on the site as "approximate". Curious the length of the seat when the bolster is down and to confirm the width. your in CA and still may be boating, our season is done here. Any chance you could grab a measurement next time you're out? Thanks in advance!

Did you get them from Great Lakes Skipper? Curious how the experience was.

Do you think the measurements they supplied are accurate? They list them on the site as "approximate". Curious the length of the seat when the bolster is down and to confirm the width. you’re in CA and still may be boating, our season is done here. Any chance you could grab a measurement next time you're out? Thanks in advance!
Not a problem. We have a break between the two cyclone storms that have come through before number 3 arrives Tuesday. I plan on going out Sunday and doing some inshore fishing. Happy to do some measurements for you. Exactly what measurements do you want.

Not a problem. We have a break between the two cyclone storms that have come through before number 3 arrives Tuesday. I plan on going out Sunday and doing some inshore fishing. Happy to do some measurements for you. Exactly what measurements do you want.
And yes I got them from great lakes skipper. Chairs were new. Delivered fast (but expensive). Spoke to the guys there a couple of times. Always responsive.

Thanks @FSAParker21, I do appreciate it. If Great Lakes Skipper's shipping wasn't as pricey and returns simpler I wouldn't be over analyzing it. My boats not the biggest so just want to make sure its going to fit, I may also be a bit OCD.
Parker-Chair.png

Do you find it odd at all that they don’t have real armrests? Trying to find a better seat for my pilot house
I do, but from the sounds of it, looks like they are OEM for center consoles and hence no arm rests to allow more room and take up less space.

I think I’m just gonna save up for one of these Deluxe Helm Chairs that are OEM for the newer Pilot House boats. Only thing is I think they cost about $1,000. 😳 But they sure are nice! Also have the tan ones JeffonGSB posted above..
23F9D1E6-E9CA-4B07-B6CF-D51BBC3B0F79.jpegD97D5C10-3569-4BE7-B1A7-B05A0F656F04.jpeg

I do, but from the sounds of it, looks like they are OEM for center consoles and hence no arm rests to allow more room and take up less space.

I think I’m just gonna save up for one of these Deluxe Helm Chairs that are OEM for the newer Pilot House boats. Only thing is I think they cost about $1,000. 😳 But they sure are nice! Also have the tan ones JeffonGSB posted above..
View attachment 35323View attachment 35324
Yes, exactly what I want but I feel like they are so hard to find for some reason

Back