Anyone painted their deck?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sow&Pigs

Reaction score
The deck of my 1990 25MVSC is looking a little the worse for wear. The original off-white is now more of an off-gray. I could either compound the heck out of it then do a Woody Wax treatment, or bite the bullet and paint it.

As those of you with older Parkers know, the deck tends to spider crack through the topmost layer of finish, so re-painting is probably in order.

Anybody used anything that turned out to be decent-looking and durable?

This season ... once ("if"?) the rain ever stops, I'm going to apply 2-3 coats of West Marine's clean non-skid coating and then overcoat (spray) it with the West Marine's 1-part Sea Gloss polyurethane in sand color, that matches or complements the Parker gelcoat pretty well. I'm doing it this way as I already had a gallon of non-skid on hand that I bought from a boating flea market for $25. Powerboat Reports had rated that West Marine non-skid paint a "bet buy" but I don't see it in their catalogs anymore :?: . And it's soooooooooo simple to use. However, it will need "touch up" in a few seasons if something gets dragged across the deck, so that's why I'm going to try the overspray with a poly (hard) paint.

You might want to consider the DIY method that Powerboat Reports recommends, by adding Alwgrip's polym non-skid particles
004_121_004_007.jpg
, $36 quart (use the fine particles)
with the West Marine 1-part ploy
seagloss.jpg

The toughest finish, of course, is putting on Awl Grip and then adding their non-skid particles, then another overcoat of the AG with particles in it, but I don't have the weather, time, or budget for fooling with a 2-part polyurethane this season.

That said ... some like the ease of use of the "ready to use" Interdeck non-skid paint by Interlux, $33/quart.
30947_f.jpg

DB, thanks for the tip. I'm going to look for the Interlux. How did you put it down? Spray or roller/brush?

I just re-did mine ... 2 coats of clear West Marine non-skid epoxy-based paint topped off by a coat of 1-part sand color polyurethane. The floor feels like 100 grit sandpaper and looks great! Will post photos later ...

Back