Anyone Running a newer 25 SE?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bfox76

Reaction score
Curious who is running a newer Parker 25 SE and how you are liking it.

What ways do you fish it? Inshore, Nearshore, Offshore?

Any regrets or disappointments?

Wish you had the DV instead of the MV?

Thank you in advance.

I'm running 2018 23 SE and can't speak specifically about the 25 SE. Other than 2 ft. and a little more weight, I don't think they're much different. I've had the boat 17 days and put 275 miles on the boat in Long Island sound which can kick up a good chop at times. I use the boat strictly for fishing mostly drifting. I'm very happy with the way the boat has performed and how economically averaging just under 4 mpg for the first 20 hours. A full transom would be better but I can live with the notched. I've owned two 2520 Parker pilothouses since 2000. One was 14 degree and the other, XL was 16 degrees at transom. I may change my mind when I get in really snotty conditions but I don't think I'm giving up too much in the ride dept as the 25 mod v pilothouses weren't great in tight head sea chop either. It's very stable and drifts well. If I was going to fish offshore/nearshore primarily I'd have chosen deep v and full transom but that's not the case. The boat is perfect for what I do and I have no regrets or disappointments except for the plastic rod/cup holders that were quickly replaced with all stainless and backing plates. You've asked the same age old question about dv vs mod v and will get the same answers. Some will tell you the mod v will knock your fillings loose and others tell they ride well if you slow down and trim. Choose the best boat for the conditions and areas you fish most. Good luck and tight lines.

I have 2015 if that counts as newer. I love the 23se but the 25se is a much bigger boat. the extra beam, weight and the bracket put her in a different class. The bracket elongates the running surface so the ride is considerably better. The 2501 rides slightly better but rolls more on the drift and doesn't do as well with a single. We use our 25SE mostly for striper fishing but do run offshore for tuna occasionally. If I were more focused on offshore fishing I might lean toward the 2501 for some extra speed with the twins.

captnick":18cephwe said:
I'm running 2018 23 SE and can't speak specifically about the 25 SE. Other than 2 ft. and a little more weight, I don't think they're much different. I've had the boat 17 days and put 275 miles on the boat in Long Island sound which can kick up a good chop at times. I use the boat strictly for fishing mostly drifting. I'm very happy with the way the boat has performed and how economically averaging just under 4 mpg for the first 20 hours. A full transom would be better but I can live with the notched. I've owned two 2520 Parker pilothouses since 2000. One was 14 degree and the other, XL was 16 degrees at transom. I may change my mind when I get in really snotty conditions but I don't think I'm giving up too much in the ride dept as the 25 mod v pilothouses weren't great in tight head sea chop either. It's very stable and drifts well. If I was going to fish offshore/nearshore primarily I'd have chosen deep v and full transom but that's not the case. The boat is perfect for what I do and I have no regrets or disappointments except for the plastic rod/cup holders that were quickly replaced with all stainless and backing plates. You've asked the same age old question about dv vs mod v and will get the same answers. Some will tell you the mod v will knock your fillings loose and others tell they ride well if you slow down and trim. Choose the best boat for the conditions and areas you fish most. Good luck and tight lines.

Thank you very much for the insight and congrats on your new vessel!

boatdrinks":30pjsxds said:
I have 2015 if that counts as newer. I love the 23se but the 25se is a much bigger boat. the extra beam, weight and the bracket put her in a different class. The bracket elongates the running surface so the ride is considerably better. The 2501 rides slightly better but rolls more on the drift and doesn't do as well with a single. We use our 25SE mostly for striper fishing but do run offshore for tuna occasionally. If I were more focused on offshore fishing I might lean toward the 2501 for some extra speed with the twins.

We are looking at a 2018 25SE. Yours as a 2015 is the kind of "newer" I was referring to.

Glad to hear you echo what I was already thinking. It is certainly a great platform for us on the Chesapeake Bay. Glad to hear you are comfortable inshore/nearshore and offshore on nice days. Hoping we can seal the deal on the one we are looking at.

I have a 2016 25se with a 300 Yamaha on a bracket. Chose the se because I fish skinny water as well as the ocean. Been very happy with it. It drifts like a duck, very flat and calm, but trolls nicely also. Love the 9’6” beam. Makes a big difference. With 3 foot and over seas I trim it down and cruise home at about 17 knots.

FYI -

The OP of this thread purchased a 25 SE about 18 months ago. He has a Suzuki 350 on it with about 1,000 hours on it already.

2020 25 se
Fish in the Chesapeake bay and a bit off shore near cape hatteras, nc

I love the boat
Installing a spot lock trolling motor this winter and looking forward to wreck fishing without an anchor

Back