Anyone using SIMRAD NAC 2/AP44?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapie408

Reaction score
Getting ready to install an AP to the little 2120, I'm debating on if I'll be installing the AP44 since the Go7 can control it.

Since I also have a radar, is there any additional feature the AP do with it? IE avoiding things detected by the radar and what not?

Getting ready to install an AP to the little 2120, I'm debating on if I'll be installing the AP44 since the Go7 can control it.

Since I also have a radar, is there any additional feature the AP do with it? IE avoiding things detected by the radar and what not?
The radar doesn’t give you any extra features. It’s just in the same display.

I’m a proponent of always having a standalone AP controller. It gives you a much better ability to control the AP quickly and easily than a display on a touchscreen. Things like having to quickly disable the AP in an emergency, or even something as simple as changing heading, are a lot easier with hard keys and a rotary knob than having to enable a separate screen on a MFD. Especially your primary display is as small as a GO7, it’s going to get crowded quick if you try to use it for the AP as well.

Half of me is saying the same but I'm running out of space on the dash and avoiding having to cut anything permanent to the boat. Knowing me, I'm always changing out things. I started to look at a 2320 even before the 2120 got delivered. Maybe I can frabric a bracket to install the AP44 that doesn't need to be flushed mounted. I have a 3d printer so this wouldn't be too difficult.

Half of me is saying the same but I'm running out of space on the dash and avoiding having to cut anything permanent to the boat. Knowing me, I'm always changing out things. I started to look at a 2320 even before the 2120 got delivered. Maybe I can frabric a bracket to install the AP44 that doesn't need to be flushed mounted. I have a 3d printer so this wouldn't be too difficult.
Shouldn’t be difficult at all. It’s frame mounted with 4 screws around the edge of the screen. It is a pretty sizable cutout to flush mount it.

Decided to surface mount it and went out today. Works great where it's sitting.

Should have read the manual, didn't realize autotune needs to be done separately for low and high. Only did it in low and works fine, as soon as I speed up the AP dangerously swerved back and forward.

20211104_125629.jpg

nice looking installation and bracket - question please did you fabricate the new mounting bracket or were you able to purchase it.

thanks
I designed and 3d printed it. The original version didn't work since I couldn't get it to fit on the dash without obstructed the other equipment so I designed the lower bracket which allow me to use heavy duty velcro and surface mount the controller and no holes drilled tot he boat.

btw the other velco on the left holds a tablet that I run Navionics which is nice and works great. Since we have a PH, the sun doesn't wash out the screen so we don't have to use anything fancy. Can't imagine this working on an open boat.

20210321_154612.jpg

What does everyone have their transition speed set to on their boat? I imagine this number change all the time since the load will be generally different. What would be a good speed to set it at for overall decent performance?

Back