Armstrong vs. Tempress vs. T-H Marine Deck Plates

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks John,

I did exactly that, ordered two 6" and two 8" rings as well as the 13X23 gasket. The problem I have with the 13X23 is sand and debris getting into the gasket. It's tough to keep it clean and sealing well.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever considered the stainless inspection covers? Here in O.C./Newport Beach they have a place called " Minnie's Yacht Surplus ", the place is huge and I could get lost for weeks in there and think I had died and gone to heaven.

I wonder if these ones they have (brand new) would be even better than plastic. Anyone ever tried this?

endorfins":3pzl7pul said:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever considered the stainless inspection covers?

The covers you are looking at... do they look like this one?

deck1.jpg

Bobby... The one on the X-Shark... is that a Bomar too?

I want to replace the Tempress that is over my bilge pumps, but if I do it with one like yours, I want to increase the depth if possible.
That would allow better access to my batteries.

Image-0EC5ED44F14A11D8.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

The stainless ones are carbon copies of the 6" round plastic ones that are in there as a stock item on all Parkers. I'll have to go by there soon to see if they're still there. Not sure they would be any better or worse than the plastic ones, I just remembered seeing them at a marine surplus place.

I think my rear hatch is leaking too. I threw a bucket of water on the deck this weekebd and opened the hatch a few minutes later and noticed my batteries were wet. The hatch is 13x23. Does anyone know a company who makes a better slam hatch?

I can’t believe it’s leaking already. My boat is barely a month old! There’s water in my bilge every time it rains. I plan on replacing the round hatches with Armstrongs. Too bad they don’t make a 13x23 hatch. Dom

96TL":16hzt8gx said:
I plan on replacing the round hatches with Armstrongs.
WATCH IT ... those Armstrongs will be EXTREMELY EASY to trip over on the deck :!: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The T-H Marine insp port is a better choice in that place IMHO.

Yes, as the full lid covers any place where water could get in, then there's the O-Ring seal.

I will also say that once I cleaned them up and put on new O-Rings, the 12-year old Tempress plates on my boat didn't leak either. I only changed them out to the T-H version as the Tempress were an ugly faded gray color and were pry outs, not twist outs.

Hmm. So the Tempress plates are pretty good? Where else could water be entering the bilge though? Any ideas?

Dom

The anchor hatch will let most of the rainwater in. The under the gunnel rodholders will also drip a bit in heavy sideways rain.

It drains via pvc pipe straight to the bilge. Not much you can do about it and nothing to worry about either...

Kev,

I put 6 of those 8" Armstrong deck plates on my Christmas list. I'll let you know how they work out if Santa brings them. :D

gw204":2z3wtck2 said:
I put 6 of those 8" Armstrong deck plates on my Christmas list. I'll let you know how they work out if Santa brings them. :D

C'mon Santa...! :D

Back