Battery Charger Install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Putting a ProSportHD 20 dual bank battery charger into my Parker 2320 SC, and we’re having a heck of a time finding the best spot to place it. As you might know, the two batteries are below the hatch access with the bilge pump. Have a Perko 1,2,Both,Off battery switch. Above the hatch is the bench passenger seat.

So far the best position seems to be on the inside of the bench seat bracket, on the stern, but it looks like that might restrict access to the charger; I’d rather not. In these photos the bench has been removed. Is there a better place to mount it? Photos below:

BEDC04F2-4B0F-47AE-9B2D-DAD6EF60A2D3.jpeg0CE829A9-6EAB-4830-B1E9-13F04E0B2DBB.jpeg

Oh My........Ah NO! It needs to be protected and not in a bilge.

Noco Gennisus is what we use around here. Been thru a LOT of brands.

Man that does not appear to be a great location : I would consider somewhere inside the cabin, behind the helm, inside a berth hatch, etc... run longer leads through chases to the batteries in the bilge. I would become creative. Don't let the factory lead length be your limiting factor: these can easily be extended.

Also, like wart, I have had excellent results with the NOCO genius lines of chargers. But, you all ready have a charger...mine as well use it until it doesn't work anymore.

But the location you posted: No bueno.

I don’t disagree with Wart about the bilge even though that‘s what I did. My boat is only in the water for 2 to 4 days at a time though and when not in the water she is in a boat barn where I keep the hatch open and the jump seats open to vent. I keep my bilge very clean. If it ever floods though, it’s toast. So far, I’ve gotten about 3 years out of it with zero issues.

Attachments

• 55BF19C1-DD1B-4C32-9E6D-1179677ED987.jpeg
    55BF19C1-DD1B-4C32-9E6D-1179677ED987.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 32
A bilge location is better than the one you've suggested. I have that same charger, and it does state that longer cables are available from the manufacturer. Perhaps that's something that might give you more options in regard to a better mounting location.

For what it's worth I'm very happy with the ProSport HD 20. I especially like that the total output of the charger can "float" between the two batteries, devoting more charging amps to the battery that is most discharged. I'm not aware of any other charger that does that.

Back