Battery charger mounting location

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara F

Reaction score
Question, are there any issues mounting a battery charger in the battery boxes on my 2007 21' Parker Sport cabin? Or, should I mount it high in the bilge? Any and all recommendations are welcomed. Thanks!

I just brought mine to my house for the winter to do multiple projects. Installing a battery charger being one of them. Right now my plan is to put it in the port side jump seat. Instructions mention not putting it near fuel sources so due to fuel line in starboard side jump seat and fuel tank open to bilge, port side jump seat seems best option?

Shawnee, makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for the response and suggestion. I think I will mount th charger in the port jump seat as you suggest. Best of luck with your install.

Mine is in the bilge area near my batteries.

Attachments

• DSCN0006.jpg
    DSCN0006.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 305
Hey Megabyte, thanks for the response. I'll check the bulge as well to see it that is a possibility. Happy New Year!

No problem Bro. Happy new Year to you and yours.

BTW - Mounted the power port in the port side transom door.

Attachments

• DSCN0010.jpg
    DSCN0010.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 298
Megabyte, two follow up questions; I have room in the bilge on the port side, however the 10 micron fuel filter is also in the bilge on the starboard side. Do you think that would cause any issues? Additionally, did you have to add any wire to the main cord to reach the transom door?

Sara F":2rwdpt8w said:
Megabyte, two follow up questions; I have room in the bilge on the port side, however the 10 micron fuel filter is also in the bilge on the starboard side. Do you think that would cause any issues? Additionally, did you have to add any wire to the main cord to reach the transom door?

No problem. My fuel filter is on the port side and the charger is on the starboard.
Did not have to do anything to the charge port cord. There was plenty of cord.

Attachments

• DSCN0024.jpg
    DSCN0024.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 291
Port side rear battery compartment, Raw water wash switch next to charger

Attachments

• DSC00867 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00867 - Copy.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 226
Back