Battery Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddahB

Reaction score
I have a 25SE. The way these Parkers are wired, if you always run on "battery 1" , are you still charging both batteries? I have been told by some that you are. Is this true? Thanks in advance... :?:

Standard setups if you select one battery position is to start with it, supply power to things turned on when the engine is off, and charge that battery when running.

Lots of various past discussions on choices people make on how they manage multiple batteries.

Some guys run with one and flip flop the next time to the other. Some (like myself) run with both on. Some have added smart sensor modifications that select which one to charge, and some have more than two batteries.

Dana

I think there are too many options to know for sure, until you check how things are wired specifically on your boat.

For example, some Yamaha OBs have an auxiliary charging lead.

This would let you have your main starting battery charged by the primary engine connection, along with a second 'house' battery which runs all your electronics, lights, etc.. and gets charged by the aux charge lead, without having to do anything with the battery switch.

-- Tom

TomS":yscam0ak said:
... too many options to know for sure, until you check how things are wired specifically on your boat. For example, some Yamaha OBs have an auxiliary charging lead.
Agree with what Tom said and I "thought" this feature was first intoduced on the Yamaha F225 4-stroke models ...

danielb":fphtqdle said:
if at the both setting then both batts. are being used and charged.
.. and if set to "both" and you shutoff your mtor ... the 2 batteries will equalize, i.e., a bad wrong could bring down the good one ... so ALWAYS switch to battery position #1 or 2 once you shutdown the OB.

Back