BattleWagon Mount & Garmin XHD 18 Install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyk9

Reaction score
Thanks to those who provided some info and pictures in the past.

My unit finally arrived from ordering it this past March, now it's time to install it.

Have a BattleWagon mount and my question is, how do you get the power and network cables through the grommet? I would drill an access hole under the mount to pass the cables inside to the cabin above the area of the interior light.

Attachments

• IMG_7195.JPG
    IMG_7195.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7196.JPG
    IMG_7196.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 30
Installation
  1. Position the marine radar mount on the surface you wish to install the mount and mark the 4 bolt holes.
  2. Drill four 7/16" holes and one 2 1/2" hole (or smaller if appropriate).
  3. Run the radar cable from the display through the backing plate (if you are using one), and mounting surface.
  4. Run cable through the base of the antenna mount and exit through the hole in the rear of the pedestal. Use string or wire as needed to fish the cable through the mount.
  5. Position the BattleWagon radar mount and install the bolts, washers, and tighten.
  6. Install the antenna utilizing the supplied hardware.
  7. Poke a hole in the liquid tight bushing and slide over the cable, large end first. Lubrication with light oil will make this step easier. Use a hair dryer if necessary to heat the bushing and ease getting the plug through the bushing.
  8. Snap the liquid tight bushing into the hole in the back of the pedestal.
  9. Wire the cable to the antenna following the manufacturer's instructions.
  10. Push excess cable through the liquid tight bushing to create a watertight seal.

TimC,

Thanks!

Unit direct to the Battlewagon mount which has a 4 degree tilt. The network cable with the locking ring is still too large to pass through either the black or grey grommet hole.

Do you know if the locking ring on the network cable is removable?

The network cable came with a locking ring that doesn't seem to be removable but it did come with an extra set as if they were never put on.

The extra locking rings are the normal 2 piece rings, can I pry off the old one?

Those locking rings (If I'm thinking of the right thing) do come off. One side unclips and then it opens up. I have the same mount only with a 24xhd. That being said, I had to cut my network cable and used one of those field install kits but I think that's because it was too long. You'll need an rj45 "plug" and the pliers to re-crimp. It's been so many years since I did it, but it wasn't too difficult. You just need good eyes and I also used a magnifying glass to make sure all of the wires were in the correct spot. It was the first and only time I did it but it came out perfectly.

Many thanks to those who contributed with pictures and answered my questions.

Got it done today and extremely happy with the way it came out!!

Lots of planning and about 4 hours to install.

- Mounted BattleWagon forward rake with 4 degree tilt down on the lip of the roof
- 7/16 holes drilled for the mount
- I used 2" bolts but probably could have gotten away with 1.5", also one of the locking washers was the wrong size and i need to get some locking nuts
- Since I mounted far forward on the lip no need to use the grommets in the mount
- Removed overhead trim and light inside the cabin
- Pilot hole from inside
- 1.5" hole drilled since I didn't want to mess with the Garmin cables
- Installed SeaView cable gland, used drill tubes for the cables, followed all directions and it came it great!
- Have the cables coming through the gland, need to notch out a spot in the light hole and have the cables coming out the overhead panel, over top of window, down to the unit and power behind the helm

Attachments

• IMG_7211.JPG
    IMG_7211.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7213.JPG
    IMG_7213.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7214.JPG
    IMG_7214.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7217.JPG
    IMG_7217.JPG