Bennet Tabs on my 2300DV - Observations and ?'s

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman1001

Reaction score
Loving how the Hydro Bennet tabs effect the ride of my 2300DV. I've only ever had Lenco's. The Bennets move the boat really fast when on plane. Impressive. Takes some getting used to as I tend to over adjust then have to correct.

Question... My Lenco's would return to a 'no trim' state when I shut off the ignition. Do Bennets do that? I can't look over the transom as I have a full width bracket. If they don't, what do you Bennet guys do? Move them back upon shutting down?

Tx!

They do, assuming that feature was wired up on the install. Easy way to tell is turn the key off, you should be able to hear the pump still run for a few seconds to return tabs to full up (even if they are already there, the pump still runs). I asked Tabman (RIP), this question several years ago.

They do, assuming that feature was wired up on the install. Easy way to tell is turn the key off, you should be able to hear the pump still run for a few seconds to return tabs to full up (even if they are already there, the pump still runs). I asked Tabman (RIP), this question several years ago.
Nice! Thank you. I'll give it a shot.

Is there a simple way to turn off this auto retracting feature? Very noisy when fishing in the shallows and normally I adjust the tabs back to the same place when I restart.

Is there a simple way to turn off this auto retracting feature? Very noisy when fishing in the shallows and normally I adjust the tabs back to the same place when I restart.
For Bennets or Lenco's? I can speak for Lenco, the answer is yes. There is one power wire, I think orange that is the auto return. Simply disconnect. If Bennet, I'm surprised. My Bennet tabs are absolutely silent! (Lenco=noisy)

You can hook the auto retact wire to a switch to disable when you find the need but remember if you have it set not to retract you risk damage to them if you forget and load on a trailer which is the purpose of this feature. Also if you stern anchor at the shore.

Reactions: A^4

Yes, in fact, mine is now disabled when I repowered with the Suzuki. I forget what color the wire is, I believe it's orange. When I had my old Yam, the orange wire was connected to the key switch. I guess the Suzuki dealer was unfamiliar with where to hook this wire up with the repower, so he left it off.

Yes, in fact, mine is now disabled when I repowered with the Suzuki. I forget what color the wire is, I believe it's orange. When I had my old Yam, the orange wire was connected to the key switch. I guess the Suzuki dealer was unfamiliar with where to hook this wire up with the repower, so he left it off.
Sounds like your running Lenco tabs... Yes the Orange wire is the auto-retract wire. You splice it into the switch power lead if you want Auto retract.

Sounds like your running Lenco tabs... Yes the Orange wire is the auto-retract wire. You splice it into the switch power lead if you want Auto retract.

Nope, 24x9 Bennett's. Wire color could be purple, I'd have to check next time I'm at the boat.

Confirmed purple...

Step 12 - Connecting the Wiring for the EIC. Purple wire with inline 1.5 amp fuse: Connect to ignition switch or any 12 volt circuit that turns ON and OFF with ignition. This wire is used to initiate Auto Tab Retraction when the ignition is switched to the OFF position. If Auto Tab Retraction is not desired this connection may be omitted.

Loving how the Hydro Bennet tabs effect the ride of my 2300DV. I've only ever had Lenco's. The Bennets move the boat really fast when on plane. Impressive. Takes some getting used to as I tend to over adjust then have to correct.

Question... My Lenco's would return to a 'no trim' state when I shut off the ignition. Do Bennets do that? I can't look over the transom as I have a full width bracket. If they don't, what do you Bennet guys do? Move them back upon shutting down?

Tx!
I would find that so annoying!!! I stop and restart my motor drift fishing all the time and having the tabs reset would be a giant pain in the a$$.

You can hook the auto retact wire to a switch to disable when you find the need but remember if you have it set not to retract you risk damage to them if you forget and load on a trailer which is the purpose of this feature. Also if you stern anchor at the shore.
My Bennetts are on a simple toggle switch for the auto retract too. It would be super annoying if they did with every engine shutoff. But my Bennetts are pretty noisy.

Sure miss Tabman. He would still take the time and make calls to the company after he retired and moved up to the Carolina's...... I had he personal phone number.
Tabman was the Face of Bennett Marine.....He developed that company to be THE #1 Company in the Marine Industry. Lenco had to follow along to compete.

RIP Tabman

Reactions: Efx
Looking to upgrade my lenco switches from the old rocker style to the new LED all in one version. I have no orange wire on my old system so do I need to hook up the orange wire with new for tabs to work?

new all in one should have the orange wire. If my memory is correct - tabs will work fine with out hooking it up to switched power, but if you don’t, you won’t have auto retract.

new all in one should have the orange wire. If my memory is correct - tabs will work fine with out hooking it up to switched power, but if you don’t, you won’t have auto retract.
This is correct. Tabs will work fine but will stay in whatever position you last adjusted them to when the power is shut off.

Another option is to connect the orange wire directly to the house fuse panel, rather than the key switch. That way, they won't auto retract when the key is shut off, but when power is secured to the house power system, they will. This is less effective if you trailer the boat and are looking to avoid damage when loading onto the trailer (assuming you do so with power still on), but if you store the boat in a dry stack this should be a viable option as the boat power should be off when the boat is lifted into the stacks.

If you do trailer the boat, I have seen some boats with a "Trailer" switch on the panel that controls things you don't want powered on when the boat is out of the water, such as automatic pumps, sounder modules, etc. You could do something to this effect that would secure power to the orange wire when the boat is being loaded, while still allowing you to have power to lights, recirculating pumps, electronics, etc.

Thank you !

This is correct. Tabs will work fine but will stay in whatever position you last adjusted them to when the power is shut off.

Another option is to connect the orange wire directly to the house fuse panel, rather than the key switch. That way, they won't auto retract when the key is shut off, but when power is secured to the house power system, they will. This is less effective if you trailer the boat and are looking to avoid damage when loading onto the trailer (assuming you do so with power still on), but if you store the boat in a dry stack this should be a viable option as the boat power should be off when the boat is lifted into the stacks.

If you do trailer the boat, I have seen some boats with a "Trailer" switch on the panel that controls things you don't want powered on when the boat is out of the water, such as automatic pumps, sounder modules, etc. You could do something to this effect that would secure power to the orange wire when the boat is being loaded, while still allowing you to have power to lights, recirculating pumps, electronics, etc.
Thank you !

Back