BEP Custom Switch Box

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inshore Chaser

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted to convert from Perko to BEP cluster. However, I was unable to find a suitable replacement for the Parker box that houses the Perko switch on the 21dvcc. BoatOutfitters quoted a price of right around $400. Kept looking and found a company out of Florida called Ocean Breezes Marine Accessories. They made a custom box out of 1/2 inch starboard, removable back and gemlux ss latch, shipped for $135. It is high quality, fast service (less than 7 days from order to receipt). I would purchase from Ocean Breeze again in a heart beat.

Attachments

• 20230209_145903.jpg
    20230209_145903.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20230209_145913.jpg
    20230209_145913.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230209_150056.jpg
    20230209_150056.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
That’s really nice. Was that a custom design for you or did they have it ready to go? Also, how are you planning to route the cables to the switch with the box closed off like that?

The only change I’d make is to have a spot for the main breaker in the box as well, and a 24h power fuse box if so equipped.

Regardless, that’s a great product and I’ll be contacting them next time I need a switch enclosure.

That’s really nice. Was that a custom design for you or did they have it ready to go? Also, how are you planning to route the cables to the switch with the box closed off like that?

The only change I’d make is to have a spot for the main breaker in the box as well, and a 24h power fuse box if so equipped.

Regardless, that’s a great product and I’ll be contacting them next time I need a switch enclosure.
Custom....I requested a 6 x 6 x 4" depth of workable interior space....exactly what they delivered. In hind sight I would decrease the depth to 3". I have limited space where this box will be mounted and could not afford to be large enough for the main breaker. Great idea if one has the mounting space! My main breaker is mounted just adjacent to where the new box will be mounted.

I plan on using a jigsaw to cut out entry ways similar to the size and shape of the BEP removable panels. Ocean Breeze would have cut them but I was not sure where they should be placed. My plan is to wire up the BEP and then bolt the BEP to the back of the box (removed from the rest of the box). Then I will see how the cables fall in place and cut the entry ways in the side of the box. Once fitted, then simply screw the back wall to the box.

Custom....I requested a 6 x 6 x 4" depth of workable interior space....exactly what they delivered. In hind sight I would decrease the depth to 3". I have limited space where this box will be mounted and could not afford to be large enough for the main breaker. Great idea if one has the mounting space! My main breaker is mounted just adjacent to where the new box will be mounted.

I plan on using a jigsaw to cut out entry ways similar to the size and shape of the BEP removable panels. Ocean Breeze would have cut them but I was not sure where they should be placed. My plan is to wire up the BEP and then bolt the BEP to the back of the box (removed from the rest of the box). Then I will see how the cables fall in place and cut the entry ways in the side of the box. Once fitted, then simply screw the back wall to the box.

Your other option would be to flush mount the BEP switch to the back panel, drilling 4 holes so that the knobs fit through and then bolting the switch panel to the back of the box. That way, all your terminals are easily accessible, and the knobs can still be reached from inside the box. It might end up being a little deeper than necessary, but I think you’ll save yourself some headaches when it comes time to connect cables. You’ll likely have difficulty fishing the cables through the jigsaw holes, given the thickness and length.

I plan on using a jigsaw to cut out entry ways similar to the size and shape of the BEP removable panels.

Just use a hole saw and have round holes... Radius the edges of the holes. It will be easier and cleaner.

Nice work, I love the BEP cluster, bulletproof! This upgrade has been on my list since I bought my 2020 DVCC last Aug, I’m most likely going to connect with Ocean Breeze as well.

Back