BEP square cluster housing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inshore Chaser

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any housings available for the square BEP single engine two battery bank? I would like to replace the standard Parker battery switch a BEP cluster but would like to keep the convenient location. Picture below is what is standard. I realize cutting will be necessary but I really do not want to fabricate a box from scratch.

Attachments

• 20210426_173941.jpg
    20210426_173941.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 26
Does anyone know if there are any housings available for the square BEP single engine two battery bank? I would like to replace the standard Parker battery switch a BEP cluster but would like to keep the convenient location. Picture below is what is standard. I realize cutting will be necessary but I really do not want to fabricate a box from scratch.
I gather you're talking about an enclosure for the BEP switch?

There isn't one like the one designed for the Perko switch that you have right now, to the best of my knowledge. It's tough to say based on the picture, but there are a couple options available based on your budget.

1) If feasible, mount the BEP switch on the perpendicular bulkhead to the left of the current switch housing (looks like the transom?). You can then replace the switch housing with a pie plate or a small hatch that you can reach through to turn the switches on/off.

2) Boat Outfitters and probably some other fabricators offer a glovebox type of arrangement, either built to size or available in different configurations. You could buy one of these and flush mount the BEP switch to the back of it, leaving the knobs accessible when you open the hatch. Probably looking at around $2-300 dollars for this product.

3) I know you said you don't want to fabricate something, but it would be pretty easy to do so. Buy a small hatch. Get a sheet of 1/4" Starboard from Home Depot (about 50 bucks). Build a small, open box that fits outside the cutout dimension for the hatch. Flush mount the BEP switch to the back, leaving the knobs accessible when you open the hatch. You could even probably get away with just a flat surface inside the hatch, with two "stand offs" giving you the needed clearance from the inside of the hatch cover when closed. Overall, it would be a pretty cheap and easy project.

It's tough to describe exactly what I'm envisioning, but here's the link to the Boat Outfitter's product that might give you some ideas: Build Your Own Boat Glove Box

Back