Best Fall Run Ever!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyk9

Reaction score
So many large bass this fall I'm bored of them and switched over to togging. Never seen so many 20-50lb fish in our area, put over a 100 fish in the boat past couple weeks with mostly overs going back and a couple slots kept.

Attachments

• AHTY1068.JPG
    AHTY1068.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
  • CFMR4738.JPG
    CFMR4738.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
  • EODG1682.JPG
    EODG1682.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 0
  • HFBG4205.JPG
    HFBG4205.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 2
  • HFNI7165.JPG
    HFNI7165.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Our spring was like that here.

Actually hard to get a slot fish to keep for the table.

Biggest fish 42lb

Unfortunately for us on the Chesapeake, that is a thing of the past. All those fish you are catching use to come up the Chesapeake at this same time as recent as as 2013 but now we have no bait for them. The menhaden have been stolen from the area by Omega and these monsters have no reason to come up here except to spawn during the off season. Im glad someone is enjoying them and thanks for sharing the pictures.

Came back to say we are starting to have the best Stripe season in a long time here on the Chesapeake. Quite a few 50"+ fish being caught. FIRST time like this in a decade or more.

I haven't salt water striper fished out of my boat yet, but I REALLY don't want to kill fish when I do. I quit freshwater striper fishing into May from fish dying.
All these big fish being caught, what can be done to minimize mortality? Any tips? I don't plan on going this year at all, but I am curious what the group has to say. Great to see good catches.

Came back to say we are starting to have the best Stripe season in a long time here on the Chesapeake. Quite a few 50"+ fish being caught. FIRST time like this in a decade or more.
That is great news CaptBeach. From 2007 - 2013, between mid January to mid February, a group of us would go down to VaBeach for 3-4 day Rockfish (Striper) trip. It was defintely world class fishing as the big ones were making their migration to the Chesapeake. Eventually it became not worth it because the fish just were not there. Glad to see they are making their way back.

That is great news CaptBeach. From 2007 - 2013, between mid January to mid February, a group of us would go down to VaBeach for 3-4 day Rockfish (Striper) trip. It was defintely world class fishing as the big ones were making their migration to the Chesapeake. Eventually it became not worth it because the fish just were not there. Glad to see they are making their way back.
I haven’t heard of much action this year on the south side of the bay. It seems like guys launching out of the Eastern Shore are doing great, but unless I’m missing it (out of the area at the moment) it’s been quiet around the Va Beach side.

Have not seen that. Jake Hiles caught a nice one but inside the bay so it was catch and release. I don't have a pipeline to every angler but I haven't heard much from those I do know who have been out. They've reported not much of anything going on, even the whales are 12+ miles out.

Unfortunately for us on the Chesapeake, that is a thing of the past. All those fish you are catching use to come up the Chesapeake at this same time as recent as as 2013 but now we have no bait for them. The menhaden have been stolen from the area by Omega and these monsters have no reason to come up here except to spawn during the off season. Im glad someone is enjoying them and thanks for sharing the pictures.
Omega has destroyed the Chesapeake

Shame on conservationist to allow omega to do what they have done to the Chesapeake !..Also you don't see any rock fish on the menu (restaurants)here in jersey !..Just the iron skillet in your home !.. No netting (Draggers)for them !

Shame on conservationist to allow omega to do what they have done to the Chesapeake !..Also you don't see any rock fish on the menu (restaurants)here in jersey !..Just the iron skillet in your home !.. No netting (Draggers)for them !
It’s not the conservationists that are to blame, they’re not “letting” Omega do anything. It’s the many politicians, including the current Governor, who Omega has bought and paid for so that their operations in VA will continue to be effectively unregulated.

Interesting how MD has a striper fishery and VA doesn’t… also interesting that Omega can’t fish north of the VA-MD line.

Omega couldn't legally fish in NC either, but paid off the right pols so they could anyway. Why the king mackerel fishery is pretty much gone down here.

Back