Big Grady tries to beat Sandy (Video)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't blame the owner, the marina was supposed to pull it 2 weeks ago but they did it yesterday, believe it or not the fools made it to the next inlet to the south (app 6miles).

Coast Guard calls these guys "Job Security"

Absolutely nuts! Going out of Shark river Inlet BelmarNJ when Hurricane Sandy is just begining.
I hope first responders didn't put themselves in harms way for this knucklehead. I know coast gaurd station is very close to inlet at this location.
Such a waste of a very nice Grady White!! I have been in very rough inlet conditions 13 to 15 foot seas in Longport Inlet but not on purpose
the weather got really bad and the weather forcast was very different from actual conditions. MV Parkers surf down waves very well but white knuckles all the way in.

The CG station in Shark River is, for the most part, closed. Station Manasquan responds to calls for Shark River.

I saw the Grady as it was motoring in the river toward the inlet. I did not think he would go out the inlet but would turn around after checking it out. WRONG!!!

The Grady made it to Manasquan (a six mile trip south) to be pulled for the season. It is VERY debatable if the owner and friends were the crew or the marina personnel were the crew.

Either way, whoever was aboard needs to have their head examined.

Back