Bilge drainage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky John

Reaction score
When I took delivery of my 2015 2520 xld I noticed in first few months I would never get any water in the stern bilge area. The bilge in the cabin floor always had water in it. The dealer sent their mechanic next spring and sent a camera down all of the runways. He also found a bunch of debris in rear bilge, such as sanding discs, excess foam etc. He then used a electricians pull and fed it through the pipe from forward to rear bilge. Since then I've on seen water in the rear only once when my boat was on hydraulic trailer and was on an extreme angle. Last week when I hauled boat and removed plug the water poured out for ten minutes, the first time ever. I guess after 8 seasons the rest of the debris finally rotted or passed thru. So if anyone else has noticed this there is always hope LOL

When I took delivery of my 2015 2520 xld I noticed in first few months I would never get any water in the stern bilge area. The bilge in the cabin floor always had water in it. The dealer sent their mechanic next spring and sent a camera down all of the runways. He also found a bunch of debris in rear bilge, such as sanding discs, excess foam etc. He then used a electricians pull and fed it through the pipe from forward to rear bilge. Since then I've on seen water in the rear only once when my boat was on hydraulic trailer and was on an extreme angle. Last week when I hauled boat and removed plug the water poured out for ten minutes, the first time ever. I guess after 8 seasons the rest of the debris finally rotted or passed thru. So if anyone else has noticed this there is always hope LOL
That's interesting. Was there water in the forward bilge?

I don't know if they are all like my 2320, but with removal of the bilge pump (I only have one), you may have a straight shot through the drains. For folks that don't care to read that thread, I came in through the drain plug and was able to knock the piece of foam (the size of a basketball) that has expanded out and clogged my drains. Any water that entered my anchor locker was trapped in the hull, aft of the porta potties penetration, by forward of the cabin drain. There is no way mine was a one off. You read from time to time about water lines changing. Might be why. Good to have options. A $30 endoscope camera off Amazon was a lifesaver.

Back