Boat Movers for a 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshkaj1991

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have officially closed on a 2015 2320! I'm stoked and cant wait to get it down here to SoCal from near Seattle, WA. I am in touch with a shipping company but they are having a bit of trouble finding a trucker with a lowboy trailer. We want to put the boat and trailer on a lowboy 18-wheeler to have it come down here that way. I know a bunch of you guys have had you Parkers shipped so I figured I'd ask for some suggestions of good shippers to get the boat from Seattle, WA to Los Angeles, CA.

I was hoping I could get it down here for around $4500 (obviously fully insured) but maybe I am being too optimistic :confused: The boat needs to be backed onto the lowboy and when it gets here we need to be able to back our pick up to it and pull it off the lowboy

Thanks CP community

Reactions: A-K
Contact Kevin Klein at Inside Passge Yacht Sales. He’s the North West Parker rep. Good guy that loves to fish. He ships Parker’s all the time.

Also don’t hesitate to PM me if anything pops up that you need local assistance with. Always down to help a Parker bro.

Last edited:
Contact Kevin Klein at Inside Passge Yacht Sales. He’s the North West Parker rep. Good guy that loves to fish. He ships Parker’s all the time.

Also don’t hesitate to PM me if anything pops up that you need local assistance with. Always down to help a Parker bro.
Thanks, A-K!

I reached out to IPYS to see if they would work with me for finding a shipper, for a fee of course since I did not purchase the boat through them.

Also it wouldn’t hurt to post this on Bloodydecks in the Pacific Northwest section. Lots of very knowledgeable people in that forum.

Good luck.

Uship. Trailered my 2300 from Halifax to CT for $800. Prob a greater stance than WA to CA

Uship. Trailered my 2300 from Halifax to CT for $800. Prob a greater stance than WA to CA
Wow, that's a deal! I did Uship as well and got it here for $2300. He had to drive it through some bad weather so glad everything went okay. The boat is here and I am going through some things before we put it in the water.

Just make sure trailer has good bearings and tires. Have it checked and prepped

I was looking to have my 2320sc shipped from St Pete Fla to Central NJ. 1100 miles one way. Got prices between 5 and 8k. Boat didn't have a trailer. So went down bought boat and found a brand new trailer for 6800$. Drove down on Friday. They put the boat on the trailer for me. Drove back Sat. 2300 miles in 2 days. Cost me 1000$ for gas, food and hotel for the night when we got in on Friday night. Couldn't see paying all that money to ship and get here and have no trailer. I keep it in a slip. But rather have the ability to pull it when I want and store it.

Attachments

• 20230311_162007.jpg
    20230311_162007.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 2
Is the trailer condition a concern ? I ask because typically the lowboy is more $ than having the boat and trailer towed. I had my 2520 xld towed from the Great Lakes area to Santa Barbara ca. for 5k buy a firm that does nothing but move boats . For me there were to many horror stories with u-ship and boats. The mover checked out the trailer and had new tires installed as part of the deal. Make sure you are fully insured before moving so you will have a back up to the movers insurance. You might be able to have the trailer gone through and new tires and still save money over the lowboy cost. If you want the movers info LMK. This guy was great , 5 days across the country , with pics and e-mail updates every day. He carries extra spare tires/ wheels and bearing parts for most trailers w/ him just in case.

Hey All,

I have officially closed on a 2015 2320! I'm stoked and cant wait to get it down here to SoCal from near Seattle, WA. I am in touch with a shipping company but they are having a bit of trouble finding a trucker with a lowboy trailer. We want to put the boat and trailer on a lowboy 18-wheeler to have it come down here that way. I know a bunch of you guys have had you Parkers shipped so I figured I'd ask for some suggestions of good shippers to get the boat from Seattle, WA to Los Angeles, CA.

I was hoping I could get it down here for around $4500 (obviously fully insured) but maybe I am being too optimistic :confused: The boat needs to be backed onto the lowboy and when it gets here we need to be able to back our pick up to it and pull it off the lowboy

Thanks CP community
Another possibility for you if you can't find a shipper. Fly to the boat. Rent a f350 and tow it home. Rent the truck for one way. That was another option few guys have done to get boats back home. I was gonna use UShip. But was told a few horror stories. UHAUL might have the trucks. Not sure how many miles that is for you to drive. Might be last ditch option.

I've tried the rental route before twice...I could never find a non-local rental for a tow vehicle (besides Uhaul box trucks). For example, Enterprise rents F250s, but you have to return where you picked up (not gonna happen). National companies (e.g. Avis, Hertz) typically have clauses forbidding towing (I looked), so even if you get a truck, you are probably liable if you wreck it towing. There's a market there for one-way tow rentals!

+1 on the UShip...I was going to use them for a duck boat, shipping from Arkansas to Florida. The trick I learned is don't let them quote it, name your price instead and let them bid around that. I ended up going a different route (bought a local boat instead), but I got reasonable quotes that way.

If all else fails...road trip!!! 😃

I ended up going with Uship but will keep that in mind for next time (naming my price and letting them bid around it). Got it here for $2300. Boat arrived in one piece and the guy was very good that I dealt with. Was looking at getting a lowboy but the trailer was in good condition so the trip down here wasn't an issue. I was also concerned about the height of the boat on the trailer on a lowboy.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Now I just can't wait to get the boat in the water and get fishing.

That's awesome, great to hear. Hope you enjoy your new ride!!

Back