Boat Name ??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Rover

Reaction score
Hi All -

Wife wants to make sure we name this boat (2520 DVSC) versus just calling it "the boat" like our old Mako. I am leaning towards putting the letters on the side of the cabin, but am open to the side of the boat too.

Any suggestions on placement and size of the letters would be most appreciated. I want it to look sharp :D

thanks,

I like the looks of the name either on the cabin sides or on a plaque fastened to the bow rail. I plan to have a plaque or signboard put on the bowrail. The boat will be named after my wife's grandfather, a former tugboat captain: The Capt. John D.

John Dakin was a charter member of the tugboat captain union and ran a boat out of Baltimore (for Moran, I think).

I placed my letters on my cabin sides this past weekend. They are 6 inches high, and about 50 inches in legnth

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 9,075
Getting ready to do mine this weekend (weather permitting).
Using the same font and style as my previous boat.

sternqtr.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

Nope. I considered removing the Parker logo, but decided against it.
It will be going on the side of the pilothouse. :)

Do you guys think its best to keep it black and red to be consistent with logo and stripe ?? Would like Green and Gold but concerned it will be too busy.

I placed my name on the side of the hull. Just need to be careful around the dock!

Attachments

• Spring 2006 Boat 024 (Small).jpg
    Spring 2006 Boat 024 (Small).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 9,041
Mine will be basic black, but I have considered a kelly green boot stripe...
In that case, green and gold would work perfectly. :)

Don't worry about us... go with your heart. :D

Megabyte":2hg13lbo said:
Getting ready to do mine this weekend (weather permitting).
Using the same font and style as my previous boat.

sternqtr.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

Are you going to name it Megabyte v2.1 :lol:

Hey B-Faithful,

FYI I don't say it enough, but I love the profile of your boat. Every time I see your signature here, I envision graphics depicting large teeth and a growl, much akin to the WW2 Mustangs, up by the bow. Now that would be cool 8) 8) 8)

ParkerSal":1ry1g2fi said:
Hey B-Faithful,

FYI I don't say it enough, but I love the profile of your boat. Every time I see your signature here, I envision graphics depicting large teeth and a growl, much akin to the WW2 Mustangs, up by the bow. Now that would be cool 8) 8) 8)

Thanks for the compliment. But I think the Tomahawk/Warhawks had the shark teeth.... http://kits.kitreview.com/p40btrump48reviewbg_1.htm

:lol:

Yup I agree. Put it right on the Pilot House. I also did my CF numbers to match.

Attachments

• Portboth.jpg
    Portboth.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 8,962
Late add to different name layouts but just got all stuff off transom swim platform while doing spring prep, and put it in the water today.

Here is transom lettering on another I/O, on a 2530.

Is a green hull, and ended up using red vinyl to match Parker color and light grey for home harbor.

Had a price back in '98 to have red lettering painted with gold trim for about $250 and just went with vinyl instead.

Attachments

• DSC02378 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02378 (Medium).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 8,770
Mine is on the side of the hull...but if I had to do it all over again, it would be on the side of the cabin. I've discovered that docking in a strong wind with high waves has scrapped both the name and the Parker striping.

Attachments

• TD-Wish-A-Fish-2005.jpg
    TD-Wish-A-Fish-2005.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 8,754
Definitely the side of the pilot house.

Dom 8)

Attachments

• DSC02654 (Small).JPG
    DSC02654 (Small).JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 8,726
Back