boaters license...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both boating safety certificate and boat license are required in NJ, tidal or not. You cant get a boat license without a safety cert.
you can get boating safety certificate without DL endorsement for non-tidal.

People at the DMV must like messing with me, lol. I have both so I'm covered either way. Sorry if I put bad info out there.

People at the DMV must like messing with me, lol. I have both so I'm covered either way. Sorry if I put bad info out there.
Those folks (ladies) at VA DMV helped us transfer the title for our boat and sent the paperwork to VA Department of Wildlife Resources (DWR) to issue the title. DMV is a little quicker...and issues a 90 day temporary registration while we wait. We were their favorite customers when we paid the Sales Tax :oops: but that only lasted about 1/2 a second while we handed over the check...😬 This has gotten expensive and the boat is not even in our possession yet, but we are legal! With a Boaters Permit too - its like having the boots, a saddle, and the reins but no horse.

Looks like every state does this a bit differently...

Last edited:
Back