Brand new F300XCA Yamaha buzzing noise with key in ON position?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swatski

Reaction score
Before I start pulling fuses... It is a low volume buzzing sound, like a small electric pump, that continues as long as the key is in the ignition in ON position. Normal?

I've heard it is the electronic throttle valve, wonder if others have had the same going, or do I need to investigate?

Before I start pulling fuses... It is a low volume buzzing sound, like a small electric pump, that continues as long as the key is in the ignition in ON position. Normal?

I've heard it is the electronic throttle valve, wonder if others have had the same going, or do I need to investigate?
My F250XCA 4.2 (same motor) does the same thing. Electric throttle valve from everything I have researched

Hi Swatski, 'Dittos' to all the other responses... Our F300 UCA does the same....

Thank you, that is reassuring. Not well documented in any Yamaha manual I know of.
I my boat the ignition key controls only the Yamaha command link, I still have all other systems working with the key OFF.

Back