Bunk Setup for Parker 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALSNOV8

Reaction score
I converted roller trailer to a bunk trailer and have a few questions about setup.
1. Should the bunks in the front and back be the same height or should the front bunks be higher than the rear.
2. Is it possible to decrease the space between the front bunks to give the boat a slight Incline when resting on the trailer.
3. I'm attaching a keel roller to the front of the trailer with 2 corner braces and 3/8 inch bolts because the angle is too tall for the standard 3 inch square u bolt. Will this setup protect the keel from being scratched by the trailer during launching?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20211012_101054.jpg
    20211012_101054.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
When a boat sits on a front keel roller, I place two rollers, one front and one back of the cross brace. This distribution of weight is easier on the keel when trailering on a bumpy road. Make sure the boat doesn’t bounce on that front keel roller. Most new trailers support the boat entirely from the bunks and at the winch/ bow eye area to eliminate the keel from resting or bouncing on the roller.

Back