Buyer Beware

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warthog5

Reaction score
So a Young fellow brings me his "Trophy" Boat to work on.

It's already been worked on and "Fixed". But there is a problem.

He has a pump after it runs for about 10min....It pops a Breaker.

This thing has a bunch of pumps and valves and hoses.....It's all nasty.....It has a freshwater tank.
The 2 pumps have been replaced with "WEST MARINE" Pumps.

Before I got a close look at it.....I was telling him about "Flow Jet " aka "No Flow" pumps and how All the manufactures use them, because of bean counters.

So The pump worked while he was there and did not pop the breaker. He leaves and now the pump will not work.
The short story is I ended up disconnecting the pump and put power to it.......It's Dead!

Removed the pump.....Put power to it on the bench...It made aprox 3 turns....DEAD!

So now that I have it on the bench....OH and it looks Brand New.......Im looking at the label....It says WEST Marine.....has all the stats that I needed to know.
At the very bottom of the label.....It says WWW. Flojet.com - Made in China.

It's getting replaced with a Jabsco ParMax

Did you inspect the wiring? If it's going through pumps like that, I would suspect the circuit going to/ from that pump is compromised with corrosion increasing resistance, lack of voltage, burns the pump...

No...West just Rebadges stuff.....

Wiring Looks clean....but it's borderline on the gauge used.

Still it's a "Trophy" The wiring is atrocious....and was when new.

Back