Cabin Floor ....Hazardous Surface

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stonebuster":1g3t4duj said:
they are very foot freindly vs. hard floor.

This is absolutely what I miss the most about those closed-cell foam squares.. :(

I haven't given up yet!.. Just a momemtary setback. :lol:

I'm thinking -next season- I'm gonna try a material like they use in the Healthclub shower areas....non-skid, made for high-water environments, but good to the feet. :lol:

If it works in the Gold's gym, it should pass muster on a Pilothouse floor :shock:

Good to hear its still workin out OK for you. I think Porkchunker had already been using it for a couple seasons too and it worked for him.

JC":we8dx7rs said:
I must address the smooth surface of the Cabin Floor on the Parker. This area is a serious “slip and fall” hazard. I’ve emailed Parker with my concern and have had no response. :( I am beyond belief why Parker would not have made this area safe. Does anyone know of a textured Gelcoat that can be painted on the floor to form a non-slip surface?

Applied Gelkote/Awlgrip to correct the flaw of the cabin floor.

Sanded areas to be painted with 120 grit, masked drain lines and surrounding area, rolled on Gelkote with 4” foam roller. The following amounts in combination worked for my 2120. However, make up your own test patches and follow the manufacture’s directions on the product.

10 oz Parker Interior Gelkote
2 oz volume Awlgrip Course
¾ oz Styrene thinner

Back