Cabin Mod and a Question for 96TL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerdog

Reaction score
Here's what I want to do in the cabin. Its like in the 2120s, some 25s, and the new 2320s. Remove the mono seat and build/buy a bench seat that runs fore and aft. It will give tons of more storage, and if I am clever it can store all my tackle. It will also allow more people to sit in the pilot house which is a godsend in August and December.

Who has this bench seat? Pros, cons?

96TL could you measure yours LxWxH? I know our cabins are totally different but I want to know if a "reversed engineered" copy of your seat would fit in my 2003.

helm.JPG

Rangerdog,

I have a 2005 2520SL. It has the bench seat you mention. Look at the link in my signiature. In row 4, first two pictures, you can see the seat. I like it a lot. It has great storage underneath for tackle trays, dry storage, etc. And it easily fit my large father and one of my sons. I do not think I would like the seatin arrangement on the 2520 XL's, although if I had an extended cabin , I would opt for the dinette.

Hey. I'll measure it for you tonight if I get down to the boat. You just want me to measure the cushion?

Dom

I'd love to rip out my port seat, even though there is some storage in there.

A large bench all the way across, slightly taller than the usual Parker bench, with tons of storage underneath would be super !

John_Madison CT":3fzgg88d said:
I'd love to rip out my port seat, even though there is some storage in there.
Do it man ... what's stopping you ;) ? ... besides the season coming up ... fast!

I was the the 1st in the country to do this back when my 2320 was new in 2003.
I ordered my boat with NO port seat installed,
and had them ship the bench seat to me, I made my own box, and mounted the seat.
Now they sell the 2320 with the bench seat.
I think I'm intitled to some royalties !!!
I'll post some pics when I get a chance !!
Maybe some guys this site that used to be on the Parker message board will remember the situation of how I got into a pissing contest with my dealer because of this , allong with a bunch of other issues !!! :wink:

Capt. Ronnie":227l7ble said:

No photos... no royalties! :D

Seriously... I have a pair of pedistal seats in my boat, and there is a lot of waisted space below those seats.

Image-0BDAAE19DD2511D9.jpg

... and I'd like to put a set of 'boxes' (for lack of a better word), under my seats. On the port side, I'd have a square pedistal with a hatch that allowed me to stack a number of 3700 series tackle boxes inside facing the rear. Any additional space would be 'miscellaneous storage'

On the stbd side, I'd do something similar, but instead of the factory seat, I'd construct a 'leaning post' type of seat and cushion as I stand 90% of the time.
I really don't need a 'seat'. and would like to have tackle storage on both sides.

It's how I fish here in the Chessie... :D
Someday... :wink:

The seats in my 2002 2510 are on boxes, but not big enough to handle a bunch of plano boxes easily. I'm in the process of drawing up plans to build new boxes that will hold a bunch of the plano boxes and other assorted gear. If I ever get around to building them (the little woodie in my signature is on her back and getting a new bottom right now), I'll upload pics.

Megabyte":3f3tklw3 said:
Capt. Ronnie":3f3tklw3 said:

No photos... no royalties! :D

Seriously... I have a pair of pedistal seats in my boat, and there is a lot of waisted space below those seats.

Image-0BDAAE19DD2511D9.jpg

... and I'd like to put a set of 'boxes' (for lack of a better word), under my seats. On the port side, I'd have a square pedistal with a hatch that allowed me to stack a number of 3700 series tackle boxes inside facing the rear. Any additional space would be 'miscellaneous storage'

On the stbd side, I'd do something similar, but instead of the factory seat, I'd construct a 'leaning post' type of seat and cushion as I stand 90% of the time.
I really don't need a 'seat'. and would like to have tackle storage on both sides.

It's how I fish here in the Chessie... :D
Someday... :wink:

I have my stb (helm) seat removed right now and am thinking of doing away with it or fabricating a seat hindged off the side wall, I also stand about 90% of the time and the seat is just in the way most of the time!

I just had another idea, inspired by the "storage" post. Take the port seat box that I remove when I do the bench seat, make it a starboard box by moving the hatch to the left side and using the cutout to patch the right side and mount my sliding, swivel, helm chair on it. I might have to make it a little shorter, but that would allow me to keep the stowed away storage space provided by the box. I, too, lean more than I sit.

Oh, I wish I was home to start measuring for drawings!

Back