Cabin storage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afitzray

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a cheap storage idea. The dash is a great spot to stash phone etc but I had some other small items I wanted to leave on the boat. I found this car seat back organizer while looking to add some storage in my jeep. But it measured up to the same width of the side wall panel of the sport cabin. Mounted it with five 1/2” screws so there’s no drilling all the way through but should be enough to keep it from falling off. I haven’t added one to the other side yet as I’m debating if it will feel like it’s in the way of dual binnacle. If you’re interested in trying this the storage panel is available from Amazon under the name sudoca for about $20.

Attachments

• 9A8CCE3D-DD8C-42C2-BE7D-C23E40014FCE.jpeg
    9A8CCE3D-DD8C-42C2-BE7D-C23E40014FCE.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
Looks very nice, and at that price is difficult to beat.
I made a couple when I saw others "for sale" a few years ago at a nautical flea market, starting at $200. I used mesh material to mitigate the potential for mold, and it should be easy to empty and hose-down for cleaning every so often.

For the one inside the cabin, I glued the YKK snap fasteners, in case I want to do something else in the future. At the time I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good use of the space, it has been several years and I'm actually redoing this panel of pockets because I learned better techniques for sewing cargo pockets and we now know exactly what we want to keep in there.

PXL_20221029_170728401.jpg PXL_20221029_164838750.jpg

The one outside was made for the fins, they are very long and take too much space if left on the deck. For that, we installed the snap fasteners on the bulkhead, for this we knew it would be permanent, plus the fins are heavy. No surface mount for that, instead, we used the screw-in type.

Twist fastener.jpg IMG_20200523_135737837_HDR.jpg

I really like the removable storage for fins on the outside! I'll have to pick up some of the twist fasteners to do that.

My first thought on the inside was to use snaps but I was thinking I wouldn't be removing it all that often. The plastic snaps applied with adhesive is a good idea. I plan to remove all the interior carpet sometime soon and I could switch to your mounting method when that project happens.

Reactions: Ana
i’m looking for a plain starboard 16-20” l, 4-5” w, 6-8” deep “box” to mount on the top of my console for whatever - but deeper than all the std brand name pieces out there - nothing stays in them cuz they’re too shallow. phones fly out. water bottles - forget it.

anyone know a good place to find something like this other than just making it yourself ?

and in that case - anyone have any scrap or know the best place to get pieces of starboard other than the obvious ebay, amazon, etc ??

i’m looking for a plain starboard 16-20” l, 4-5” w, 6-8” deep “box” to mount on the top of my console for whatever - but deeper than all the std brand name pieces out there - nothing stays in them cuz they’re too shallow. phones fly out. water bottles - forget it.

anyone know a good place to find something like this other than just making it yourself ?

and in that case - anyone have any scrap or know the best place to get pieces of starboard other than the obvious ebay, amazon, etc ??
This place has some tool holders/binocular box that I've had my eye on but haven't bought just yet. Also the drink holder category has some good stuff but not the taller sides like you're looking for

Tool Holders | Deep Blue Marine Boating & Fishing Accessories

If it doesn't need to be as strong as starboard you can get a sheet of white 1/2" pvc from home depot for cheap. A couple screws and some 5200 and you've got a box. Might even look decent if you have a router.

This place has some tool holders/binocular box that I've had my eye on but haven't bought just yet. Also the drink holder category has some good stuff but not the taller sides like you're looking for

Tool Holders | Deep Blue Marine Boating & Fishing Accessories

If it doesn't need to be as strong as starboard you can get a sheet of white 1/2" pvc from home depot for cheap. A couple screws and some 5200 and you've got a box. Might even look decent if you have a router.
thank you 😊

Back