Can’t buy a new Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I usually buy a new boat every 5 years but have been holding off due to the current market. I dropped my boat off to have the water pump replaced next door to a Parker dealer and asked them to evaluate mine for a trade on a new one. They were to send me a build sheet to order one as they had none in stock and give me a trade value. Never heard from them again. That was 3 months ago.

Fast forward to a month ago on my way home from work I see a new Parker out front on their lot so I called and set up an appointment to see it. It’s a nice boat and alot more money then when I priced one pre COVID but I get it, mines worth more as well. This one is a nice boat but has some options I don’t want such as rear seating, upgraded stereo, and powder coated t-top. At today’s pricing I don’t want to pay for options I don’t want but It’s not a dealbreaker. I left with the salesman to send me a pricing build sheet to order a new one and after speaking to his manager give me the best price on the one in stock.

A week goes by and nothing. I texted the salesman if he had anything for me. He text me back “working on it”. Another week goes buy and I text him again.. no response. I called his cell… no response. So ok I’m done, I give up… whatever. But after thinking a couple days, I’m not gonna let this one guy keep me from getting a new boat. So I call the sales manager. He seems astonished that I was blown off twice and vowed to make it right. Great ! I’m feeling better now. He told me someone would be in touch by days end.

The same salesman e-mails me ” sorry for the poor communication, attached is pricing for a new boat but it’s 2020 pricing and it will be more for a 2022”. So I now have useless pricing and no answers on on the one in stock. I e-mailed him back if he could get me 2022 pricing and also inquired about another boat at a sister store. He said he would get that information to me ASAP.

That was a week ago and nothing…. I can’t believe it ! So I called the sales manager yesterday morning but he was busy. I called back in the afternoon and he went home. I was told by the person who answered that he gave him the massage that I called. Never heard from anyone. Unbelievable !

Hears the kicker… there is a dealer 100 miles away that has the exact same boat they have in stock. Every option is identical. I called up and asked for a price on that boat and guess what, it’s $25,000 less. The same boat, the same year, and the same options. It’s also dollar for dollar the same pricing as on the 2020 build sheet that I got. $25,000.00 less !!! OK, at that price I’m ready to buy and the salesman takes my information. When he found out I don’t live near the dealer he told me I can’t buy the boat.

Unbelievable ! I found a boat I want to buy but can’t buy it. Not only will my local dealer not return my calls or help me but I would have to pay $25,000 more just because of the ZIP Code I live in. I just can’t believe this and I’m sure some of you think I’m leaving some details out but I’m not, this is exactly what happened.

So sad to say after being a Parker owner since 2005 and purchasing three new Parkers I have no choice but to switch brands. It’s unbelievable that I know what I want and I can’t buy it. Parker and their dealers are now forcing me to a competitor. I‘m astonished and I really don’t know what to say from here.

Rant over sorry for the long thread…

I usually buy a new boat every 5 years but have been holding off due to the current market. I dropped my boat off to have the water pump replaced next door to a Parker dealer and asked them to evaluate mine for a trade on a new one. They were to send me a build sheet to order one as they had none in stock and give me a trade value. Never heard from them again. That was 3 months ago.

Fast forward to a month ago on my way home from work I see a new Parker out front on their lot so I called and set up an appointment to see it. It’s a nice boat and alot more money then when I priced one pre COVID but I get it, mines worth more as well. This one is a nice boat but has some options I don’t want such as rear seating, upgraded stereo, and powder coated t-top. At today’s pricing I don’t want to pay for options I don’t want but It’s not a dealbreaker. I left with the salesman to send me a pricing build sheet to order a new one and after speaking to his manager give me the best price on the one in stock.

A week goes by and nothing. I texted the salesman if he had anything for me. He text me back “working on it”. Another week goes buy and I text him again.. no response. I called his cell… no response. So ok I’m done, I give up… whatever. But after thinking a couple days, I’m not gonna let this one guy keep me from getting a new boat. So I call the sales manager. He seems astonished that I was blown off twice and vowed to make it right. Great ! I’m feeling better now. He told me someone would be in touch by days end.

The same salesman e-mails me ” sorry for the poor communication, attached is pricing for a new boat but it’s 2020 pricing and it will be more for a 2022”. So I now have useless pricing and no answers on on the one in stock. I e-mailed him back if he could get me 2022 pricing and also inquired about another boat at a sister store. He said he would get that information to me ASAP.

That was a week ago and nothing…. I can’t believe it ! So I called the sales manager yesterday morning but he was busy. I called back in the afternoon and he went home. I was told by the person who answered that he gave him the massage that I called. Never heard from anyone. Unbelievable !

Hears the kicker… there is a dealer 100 miles away that has the exact same boat they have in stock. Every option is identical. I called up and asked for a price on that boat and guess what, it’s $25,000 less. The same boat, the same year, and the same options. It’s also dollar for dollar the same pricing as on the 2020 build sheet that I got. $25,000.00 less !!! OK, at that price I’m ready to buy and the salesman takes my information. When he found out I don’t live near the dealer he told me I can’t buy the boat.

Unbelievable ! I found a boat I want to buy but can’t buy it. Not only will my local dealer not return my calls or help me but I would have to pay $25,000 more just because of the ZIP Code I live in. I just can’t believe this and I’m sure some of you think I’m leaving some details out but I’m not, this is exactly what happened.

So sad to say after being a Parker owner since 2005 and purchasing three new Parkers I have no choice but to switch brands. It’s unbelievable that I know what I want and I can’t buy it. Parker and their dealers are now forcing me to a competitor. I‘m astonished and I really don’t know what to say from here.

I bought my 2501 out of the zip code where I live, but had to pay a $6,000.00 fee that was supposed to be passed to my local dealer . It was still significantly cheaper than what my local dealer was asking for a 25SE with a single 250. That was 10 years ago I’m sure things changed but an out of network fee might be worth it if it’s an option .

Wasn’t given the option.. looking at Albury brothers & Jones Brothers to see what they have to offer.

This sounds suspiciously like antitrust behavior. Their dealer agreements define the geographies they can sell to? That is absurd.

Wasn’t given the option.. looking at Albury brothers & Jones Brothers to see what they have to offer.

I've owned them both: the Albury 23 and the Jones Brothers 26 Cape Fisherman. If you can afford the 27 Albury, there isn't a boat that compares to it in it's class. I wouldn't think twice about a 27 Albury....but again, I can't get away from my pilothouse boats.....

We had a similar experience, and I will name the 'Parker Dealer'... but first, some background. Before our Parker, our two previous boats were bought new, both from Manufactures/Dealers (One in Cos Cob, CT. The other in Deltaville Virginia; keep in mind, we live in North Carolina; the Dealers didn't care where we lived)....

We bought our Parker 2520 a little over four years ago. It was two years old at the time, and we bought it from a private owner in Northern Neck Virginia. BUT, we had first tried to buy a new one from Starling Marine in Morehead City. Starling was recommended by a friend, who also is a friend of the owner, and it was the closest dealer to me as far as I knew. Also keep in mind, this was pre-Covid, and during normal economic times. I went to Starling, and spent most of an afternoon climbing on boats that were outside on the lot. A number of employees saw me, yet not a single one even bothered to say hi. I went home, but came back a couple weeks later. I went into the showroom, and climbed around on boats for 30+ minutes. I was in the cockpit of a pilothouse Parker when a Starling employee walked by. I said hello. He kept walking. I said 'hello', louder and added 'is there someone I could talk to about this boat?' Without looking up, and without stopping, he said 'l will get someone'... 30+ minutes later 'someone' never showed up. I went home..... I went to Craigslist, found the Parker in NN Va. in January, and brought it home by water in February... A few years later (about 2 years ago) we decided to get a trailer for the Parker. (Hurricane haul out). I went back to Starling, thinking since they were Parker Dealers, they might have suitable trailers, and would have them rigged and ready to go. I was in the yard looking at the boats and trailers, and taking notes and measurements. A 'salesman' came over and said, and I quote as closely as I can remember, "Are you another tire-kicker' or do you actually plan on buying a boat?". He was not smiling, and he was not joking.... I was there with my sister-in-laws 7 year old grandson; I didn't say what I wanted to say.... This Parker Dealer is the closest dealer to the Parker factory. I am amazed that their business is apparently thriving... (looks like I burned another bridge! ☺)

I love Parker boats but their dealership network can be tough to deal with. If you really want a boat and it's out of the area, actually calling Parker's corporate office and asking them to help has helped in the past. The dealerships have to play by the rules that Parker sets, and the rules do make sense (you don't need dealerships fighting amongst themselves), but ultimately they're in business to sell boats so if you are ready to buy it seems to me just a matter of getting the right person on the phone.

I love Parker boats but their dealership network can be tough to deal with. If you really want a boat and it's out of the area, actually calling Parker's corporate office and asking them to help has helped in the past. The dealerships have to play by the rules that Parker sets, and the rules do make sense (you don't need dealerships fighting amongst themselves), but ultimately they're in business to sell boats so if you are ready to buy it seems to me just a matter of getting the right person on the phone.
I

I consigned my last Grady with Starling in late spring 2020. The salesman kept whining about we were asking too much, wanted to cut the price hugely so he didn't have to work for the sale. All this, in the hottest boat market we have ever seen. We dug in our heels, and he did finally sell it to an out of state buyer, for our price.
This year, I was ready for a new 23SE. Got in touch with Allen Brown at Manteo Marine, demoed one, ordered ours. Got a good deal, very pleased with the whole experience.
I'm not sure Starling is still a Parker dealer. They haven't had a new one listed in over a year, though they do still list Parker on their masthead last time I looked. They seem to be all in with Whaler and Regulator.

I consigned my last Grady with Starling in late spring 2020. The salesman kept whining about we were asking too much, wanted to cut the price hugely so he didn't have to work for the sale. All this, in the hottest boat market we have ever seen. We dug in our heels, and he did finally sell it to an out of state buyer, for our price.
This year, I was ready for a new 23SE. Got in touch with Allen Brown at Manteo Marine, demoed one, ordered ours. Got a good deal, very pleased with the whole experience.
I'm not sure Starling is still a Parker dealer. They haven't had a new one listed in over a year, though they do still list Parker on their masthead last time I looked. They seem to be all in with Whaler and Regulator.
I ordered my 2500 SE from Manteo Marine. Great group to work with. It is scheduled to ship the week of the 16th this month.

I ordered my 2500 SE from Manteo Marine. Great group to work with. It is scheduled to ship the week of the 16th this month.
Manteo Marine and Park Boat Company in Washington NC are owned by the same people. Although I have not purchased a boat from them (I didn't know Park Boats was a Parker dealer; I've never seen a Parker at their location, and I seldom get to Manteo). I have dealt with Park Boat Company for well over 30 years for parts and supplies... It doesn't matter if you're there to buy a boat, get a $400.00 part, or a $.75 cent screw, every single person in that store treats you like a great friend; their service is the best I've ever encountered! This is nothing new for them; this is the way they've been for as long as I can remember. I have a number of close friends who have purchased new boats from Park Boat Company over the years; their service before and long after the sale is exceptional!

Last edited:
I'm at work and can't read all - sorry. NJ Outboards in NJ has been a great dealer - honest and transparent.

--

We had a similar experience, and I will name the 'Parker Dealer'... but first, some background. Before our Parker, our two previous boats were bought new, both from Manufactures/Dealers (One in Cos Cob, CT. The other in Deltaville Virginia; keep in mind, we live in North Carolina; the Dealers didn't care where we lived)....

We bought our Parker 2520 a little over four years ago. It was two years old at the time, and we bought it from a private owner in Northern Neck Virginia. BUT, we had first tried to buy a new one from Starling Marine in Morehead City. Starling was recommended by a friend, who also is a friend of the owner, and it was the closest dealer to me as far as I knew. Also keep in mind, this was pre-Covid, and during normal economic times. I went to Starling, and spent most of an afternoon climbing on boats that were outside on the lot. A number of employees saw me, yet not a single one even bothered to say hi. I went home, but came back a couple weeks later. I went into the showroom, and climbed around on boats for 30+ minutes. I was in the cockpit of a pilothouse Parker when a Starling employee walked by. I said hello. He kept walking. I said 'hello', louder and added 'is there someone I could talk to about this boat?' Without looking up, and without stopping, he said 'l will get someone'... 30+ minutes later 'someone' never showed up. I went home..... I went to Craigslist, found the Parker in NN Va. in January, and brought it home by water in February... A few years later (about 2 years ago) we decided to get a trailer for the Parker. (Hurricane haul out). I went back to Starling, thinking since they were Parker Dealers, they might have suitable trailers, and would have them rigged and ready to go. I was in the yard looking at the boats and trailers, and taking notes and measurements. A 'salesman' came over and said, and I quote as closely as I can remember, "Are you another tire-kicker' or do you actually plan on buying a boat?". He was not smiling, and he was not joking.... I was there with my sister-in-laws 7 year old grandson; I didn't say what I wanted to say.... This Parker Dealer is the closest dealer to the Parker factory. I am amazed that their business is apparently thriving... (looks like I burned another bridge! ☺)

interesting, I bought my 2501 from Starling Marine (pre-Covid) and had nothing but an outstanding first rate experience. Excellent communication, good follow up, I water trialed several boats and ended up getting exactly what I wanted for an outstanding price. Everything was handled with professionalism and transparency. I have had all my servicing there, exactly as specified by Yamaha, and had a couple of small warranty items that Parker has had to address and Starling has done nothing but exceed my expectations every time. How odd to hear of others’ bad experiences. Only goes to show that different things happen on different days I guess.
They still have Parker as one of their flagship brands, but inventory is incredibly hard to get, or so I’m told. And, of course, they’re going to show/sell Regulator and Boston whaler…. They probably get more inventory and the profit margin is higher…..duh. People are throwing money around like this is the end of times.

I have had excellent communication and service from Starling as well. I purchased a new Ameritrail trailer from them for my prior Parker and stop in to purchase parts for my current Parker. David Starling helped me during 2020 via email to transfer the hull warranty.

Forget the Albury’s. Completely overpriced and the worst customer service I have ever experienced, on par with AT&T. We purchased a 23, and was completely disappointed with the service out of Riveria Beach, Man-o-war I’m sure is better.
Keep pushing Parker, I’m sure they want to sell inventory.

Forget dealers, forget new boats. Buy a very new boat used boat. Even new boats have problems and warranty work is a pain. Growing up in South Florida, no one buys new boats without regretting it and realizing they paid to much and still have problems. Sometimes buying a very new used boat and repowering it right from the start sets you up for the best odds of getting what you want with reliability and known history.

Forget dealers, forget new boats. Buy a very new boat used boat. Even new boats have problems and warranty work is a pain. Growing up in South Florida, no one buys new boats without regretting it and realizing they paid to much and still have problems. Sometimes buying a very new used boat and repowering it right from the start sets you up for the best odds of getting what you want with reliability and known history.
I bought a 10 year old 23DVCC Parker, repowered it and many new accessories in 2005, have 45k in it when finished.

Reactions: Efx
I'm at work and can't read all - sorry. NJ Outboards in NJ has been a great dealer - honest and transparent.

--
NJ Outboards are FOS. They are like used car salesmen. They also have some of the worst riggers working for them. I know people that have bought from them and anyone who had anything installed by them had several issues, then good luck trying to get them to fix or correct it. I would never buy a boat from them, PS I have Parker boats for over 15 years. As the original post, call Parker and explain the situation and maybe they will allow you to buy from the other dealer, be aware though customer service from Parker itself is not one of their strong points.

I agree and add that you need to find a one owner boat who was a fanatic about maintenance up keep and spared no expense.
But there are some that absolutely need to have a brand new boat no matter what.

Back