Can anyone ID this Perko door latch?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBH2OMan

Reaction score
I want to replace this corroded old piece of hardware but the only place I'm seeing it for sale is in Australia! Does anyone know what this is or where I can find one? I'd like to use the existing screw holes in the door... The exterior plate with the black handle looks like it is still available but the larger back plate with the four mounting screws is not listed on Perko's web site.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that. But it matches only the exterior portion; unfortunately not the interior part (which has 4 attachment screws)

Did you check out all the pictures? if you click on the "Quick View" option it shows both the interior and exterior pictures, and it looks identical to yours (2 screws on the knob side, 4 screws on the handle/lock side). Unless I'm missing something.

1598900640000.png

Ah! son of a gun, I swear I looked at that and it showed the two-screw interior latch cover. This does look like the right one! Thanks again

Another fine example of CP as a resource. Mine broke on me last weekend. This old thread helped me figure out what I needed while out traveling for work and not being able to look at mine. There was a surprising list of multiple options on the internet for this part and this old thread gave me the exact part number and source.
Thanks guys!

Just a heads up, I bought the Perko from Cecils marine a couple weeks ago and had to work on the internals to get it to operate smoothly. A few parts needed to be filed down just a bit where they had rough edges that affected how it worked. And I think I ended up swapping out one internal metal part from the old one to replace a plastic piece on the new one so it would work better. Just wanted to point that out so you do a dry fit first and test it thoroughly if you're going to use any sealant on it.

Perko door locks are junk. They made of pot metal and started to coo rode again in couple of seasons. I would look into real SS locks which would cover old hole in the door

Back