Candy Cane Rocket Launcher Thingy

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
candy cane thingy.jpg

I want to purchase one of these for my 2820 XLD Sport Cabin. Has anyone else used one of these for my type of boat? I am worried that it will hang down to low and I will not be able to open and close my door. I am getting it custom made from Wahoo Industries, so I can adjust the measurements. Just asking to make sure someone else tried to use one and couldn't make it work.

Assuming you intend to hang this off the roof rocket launcher. If so, I think I'd want the bottom of the new rod holders to be no lower than the ones on the rocket launcher. Anything lower than that and I'd be watching for someone to end up with a rod holder imprint on their skull since it would be hanging over the edge. Not criticizing your idea, that's just what pops into my mind.

Maybe you could mount it so it faces forward instead of behind it? As long as the anchor light etc aren't in the way. And if it's custom work anyway, maybe they could just add holders to your existing set up, unless there's a specific reason you want it to be removable. If you also had a couple rod holders on the transom where this could be mounted and you could move this from there to the rocket launcher that would be interesting.

Antidotes fix with the clamp on holders also seems like a great solution.

Antidote, I have the same rocket launcher on my 2520....I want to add additional rod holders for offshore gear....where did you get yours ? I've looked at quite a few and the quality varies widly....I like Lee's Tackle but very pricey....do you feel the clamp on is sufficient for internationals ? Thanks

The ones I mounted are CE Smith. They have held up very well since I installed then 3/19. I do think they are strong enough for my 50 wides; but, I usually put mine in the welded holders because of the weight. It's just easy for me being 5'9"ish. I also mounted one to the forward leg of the original rocket launcher for my Center Rigger. It has held with out any problems. I did add extra reinforcement to the foot of the forward leg by through bolting it and adding fender washers to make sure it didn't depart the roof.IMG_2016.jpeg59994318414__1B650DE9-1DC5-44A1-9C99-D169C60B365D.JPG

Last edited:
looks great, thanks for the info, I'll take a look at CE Smith......I like the use of the forward location for the center rigger....did you use any type of "grip" under the clamp or attach directly to aluminum?

The ones I mounted are CE Smith. They have held up very well since I installed then 3/19. I do think they are strong enough for my 50 wides; but, I usually put mine in the welded holders because of the weight. It's just easy for me being 5'9"ish. I also mounted one to the forward leg of the original rocket launcher for my Center Rigger. It has held with out any problems. I did add extra reinforcement to the foot of the forward leg by through bolting it and adding fender washers to make sure it didn't depart the roof.View attachment 36327View attachment 36328
I think this is the way I am going to go. Thanks everyone for the great info.

We went to the Gulf Stream Monday. The center rigger, as always, was the hot rod on the boat. Three Bontia and a nice size Blackfin Tuna off that alone. This; however was caught off the long corner. 61" Wahoo!

IMG_1502.JPGIMG_1503.JPG

Back