Changing Throttle/Shift Cables. Are they all the same length!?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crtapp

Reaction score
So I’ve got a pair of 2006 Yamaha 150s. The throttle/shift cables are old.. the coating is rubbing off and there’s rust everywhere and the throttle is stiff as all get out. I haven’t had a chance to pull the cables out but I looked and one of the cables is labeled at 24 ft but none of the others are. 2 of the cables have a larger loop so I’m assuming they may be longer or could be the starboard motors.. anyways I’d like to go ahead and order 4 new cables are these usually all the same length or should I pull all the cables before ordering? Thanks

Well if you need 4 cables.....You have twin engines. The chances are VERY good that 2 are the same length and the 2 others are a different length...Why? because of the path they follow.... The lengths are on the cables....Usually 1 1/2 to 2ft from one end....But with their condition you describe....Chances are they will not be ledgable.....So you must pull 1 from each engine and measure.

Now.....What cable brand? You ONLY want Teleflex X-Treame cables.....Their design makes them the slickest moving cables out there...You will tank me later. :)

Well if you need 4 cables.....You have twin engines. The chances are VERY good that 2 are the same length and the 2 others are a different length...Why? because of the path they follow.... The lengths are on the cables....Usually 1 1/2 to 2ft from one end....But with their condition you describe....Chances are they will not be ledgable.....So you must pull 1 from each engine and measure.

Now.....What cable brand? You ONLY want Teleflex X-Treame cables.....Their design makes them the slickest moving cables out there...You will tank me later. :)

Is teleflex extreme the same as seastar?

Back