Chesapeake Bay area rendezvous scheduled for August 12th!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Porkchunker":35vc12j8 said:
Anybody overnighting Saturday night in Whithall after the raft-up?

Not me, but I can suggest some spots that are even quieter than right in Whitehall. Both Mill Creek and Ridout Creek have some nice sheltered (and quiet) areas with little or no traffic.

I'll show you on the chart on Sat.

OK, Tina's Diamond has been towed up north from Solomons to my driveway. Getting cleaned, a lot of extra junk removed (boats seem to be junk magnets), and some minor maintenance in prep for Sat.

4 days until the ClassicParker regional rendezvous and raft up!

Where: Whitehall Bay, just north-west of the towers at Greenbury Point.
In the case of a south wind, we will move to one of the creeks close-by that gives better cover.

Time: I hope to have the hook set by noon.

VHF Channel 68 - hail ClassicParker or Megabyte if you need help in locating us.

(Pilothouse) 'door prizes' are a distinct possibility. :mrgreen:

This is a low-key event for Parker owners to get together and eat, drink, swim, and talk boats and fishing...

If all goes well, we'll even have a visit by Boatron from Tri-State Marine out of Deale. :wink:
Who knows what model Parker Ron might drive to the raft-up... C'mon out and see! :)

See you there!

Ok, Tina's Diamond has had the oil changed (see a thread I started in the projects forum), cleaned, and the excess junk removed. Tomorrow evening the Magma grill goes on board, along with food, ice, and a few barley pops.

If I get time, I'll rig a sun awning. You'll see it first at the rendezvous before I post the pics here.

See you all Sat about noon.

Getting ready myself!
Scrubbed down the Megabyte this evening...

Our 'special guest' arrives at BWI tomorrow about 1000 hrs. :)

Rita and I are getting ready too! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I was planning on coming down from Middle River and bringing my wife and two kids, but I checked the weather and it doesn't look good. I will still go down the marina tomorrow morning and with some luck the weather man will be wrong. That would be a 25+ mile pounding. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anthony

Forecast as of 3:00 PM EDT on August 11, 2006
Chesapeake Bay From Pooles Island To Sandy Point-

Chesapeake Bay From Sandy Point To North Beach-

Chesapeake Bay From North Beach To Drum Point-

Small Craft Advisory remains in effect through Saturday morning
Tonight
N winds 15 kt...increasing to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft... building to 4 ft.
Sat
N winds 20 kt...decreasing to 15 kt. Waves 4 ft...subsiding to 2 to 3 ft

Anthony,

I saw that forecast...
I also saw todays forecast of small craft warnings...

I was out today scouting the raft-up locations. We left the dock at 1300 and made the run from Annapolis to Liberty Marine on the South River in order to take on fuel.

We found one spot at the mouth of the Severn, and one at the mouth of the South were it was bumpy and had to slow down to 15 kts. The rest of the time we ran the Yammi at 4100 rpm and 24 kts. Got home at 1700 with no issues.

The weather man (thankfully) got it wrong. :)

Kevin,
My crew and I will be heading to the marina by 9am and check things out. The stretch across the Pataspco will be my deciding factor, this is where those 3 to 4 foooters will show up. If it's bad I will turn back :(

We shall see.
Anthony

I enjoyed meeting all the other Parker owners and their families. Thanks to Kevin for organizing the rendezvous, to Dale H. for traveling the farthest to attend and passing out foam drink holders with the Classic Parker design on them, and to Ron from Tri-State for bringing Parker apparel.

I definitely felt outnumbered by being the only center console in the line up. The rest of the boats were pilot house or walk around models. Here are some photos.

Attachments

• Parker raft-up 001.JPG
    Parker raft-up 001.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 197
  • Parker raft-up 003.JPG
    Parker raft-up 003.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 197
  • Parker raft-up 004.JPG
    Parker raft-up 004.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Parker raft-up 005.JPG
    Parker raft-up 005.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Parker raft-up 006.JPG
    Parker raft-up 006.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 197
Understand that Ranger... :(

Loosing an old friend isn't easy.
I have an old guy at home too.

I'll be posting photos of the day as soon as I download and sort them.
Stand by! :)

As a friend of Parker, I had a really good time meeting all of you and your families.

Kevin, top notch event, thanks for hosting.

Thanks Kevin, Dale and Ron. Rita and I had a great time. I was a first for us and a great experience. Everyone was warm and welcoming--cant wait until next time.

Kevin, Dale,

Great show. You guys get my kudos for running a great website and a great rendezvous.

Dad (the original Porkchunker, and builder of the 16' wooden boat (see my signature) he named Porkchunker) really enjoyed it. It was the first time he had ever seen a raft-up. He was impressed with the way we added and removed boats from the chain.

We definately have to do this again.

Ron,

Thanks for coming up. Really enjoyed seeing the big 28 from Tri-State. That is one sweet boat. Heard a rumor that Linwood is doing sea-trials of somethng bigger (31' maybe) for the NW market. Can you confirm or deny?

J.A. Veil,

Don't feel left out because of the CC...you actually have the absolute best LTJ and fly fishing rig out there. If I could get the Admiral's approval, I'd be moving away from my WA and going to a CC like yours.

Attached are a couple pics of the last of the Mohicans...after we started loosing boats out of the chain.

Attachments

• ClassicParkerRaftUp- 002 (Small).jpg
    ClassicParkerRaftUp- 002 (Small).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 167
  • ClassicParkerRaftUp- 003 (Small).jpg
    ClassicParkerRaftUp- 003 (Small).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 167
  • ClassicParkerRaftUp- 006 (Small).jpg
    ClassicParkerRaftUp- 006 (Small).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 167
  • ClassicParkerRaftUp- 010 (Small).jpg
    ClassicParkerRaftUp- 010 (Small).jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 167
I've got a ton of photos to post folks!
I just have to get them sorted and hosted first. :)

Stand-by for the report! :D

Back