Choke Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerfan

Reaction score
I'm the new owner of a pristine 1997 1800 center console power by Yamaha 115hp 2stroke with a Yamaha 4hp kicker. Boat was just serviced and look and runs great. Have a simple question regarding the choke. Two push/pull buttons are located on the console. The upper one appears to be the choke for the main motor. I can't for the life of me figure out the lower one. Probably also related to the choke but don't know how. Any takers?

Wow, never heard of that arrangement. Yam chokes switches (if not key switch activated) are usually "momentary" activated switches, not standard "push-pull" types. You can usually test this simply by removing the engine cowling and with the motor OFF (but keyswitch put to ON) - hit the suspected choke switch, as most primer solenoids will CLICK loudly when activated.

Are you sure those aren't running/nav light switches you may not be able to see during the day?

Running lights. I bet that's what it is. I'll have to check. Thanks for your help. I have to say I just love the boat. I use it mostly in the northern chesapeake, flats area. Perfect for the shallows. It's been a great catch and release season.

Back