Cleaning hull -- Thank you Megabyte

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porkchunker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dropped the boat into the water this spring for 8 days while I did a lot of work on the trailer (new LED light, all new wire, many new SS U-bolts, and some non-marking rollers). While in the water, the boat attracted a lot of scum and an orange (rust) stain.

I tried what Kevin told me to use at the Annapolis area rendezvous last year...Roll-Off, and FSR. First I used the Roll-Off to clean the hull of slime and scum. Then the FSR to get rid of the rust stain. No more Barkeeper's Friend on the hull for me. BKF has its place on the non-skid, but this Roll-Off and FSR stuff is amazing.

Dave

aka

How'd you apply the FSR?

I've used it the last couple of seasons to attack hull stains at the waterline.. the problem is it does such a good job that it makes the rest of the hull look dirty.

All the warnings and what-not make me very leery of using too much.. I think I've settled on applying it very sparingly with a big wet sponge.. just lightly apply it over a wet hull, let it sit for a few minutes then hose it down really well, but looking for other suggestions..

-- Tom

i have FSR, but my Go-to stain remover is ON OFF GEL ....wipe it on, wait 30 seconds, spray it off with the hose. easy peasy, it absolutely RIPS the rusty water stains out of my hull.

Back