Coming out party?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodytoo

Reaction score
My name is Bo and I have a parker!

I am hoping that admission is 50 percent of the cure! I do have issues, and that is I am obsessed about a couple things, 1 - my boat, and 2 - fishing! Just ask my wife ... who is not only my much better half, but also the captain of choice when it comes to running baits. She takes the helm and all the glory, and sends me into the pit to run and rig the baits! Pretty sweet deal in the long run.

Enough already .... I have a 2003 2520 XL that I bought last year. Home port in Gwynn's Island on the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. We had a pretty good year last year with plenty of flounder, a decent showing on cobia and drum, and a fantastic bay rockfish season! At the moment she is safe and sound, under roof in my barn in Tappahannock.

Winter layup projects include a new sexy set of flood lights for the cockpit, an electronic face lift (new chartplotter, autopilot, and a fuel flow meter), a seastar cylendar rebuild (arrrrggg!) plus the standard maintenance stuff (oils, filters, lube, impellar etc).

Anyway ... here is some pics .. and a big howdy to all!

Bo

Attachments

• woodytoo-profile.jpg
    woodytoo-profile.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,730
  • woodytoo-barn.jpg
    woodytoo-barn.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,730
  • striper.jpg
    striper.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,718
thanks guys! yea megabite ... i sure like the barn. i custom built it for the woody too ... complete with the 12 foot door openings. we also cut and milled all the timber off the farm. gotta love a good project!

bo

Nice & Welcome Let us know how the
deck lights go I need some to.

Wow .. that's quite the light setup MegaByte! I have completed my install, and will take a couple pictures. I had the need for some serious light action in the cockpit, so I installed a pair of floodlights on the rocket launcher. The solution really works well.

As for the tractor ... it is an L4100. Looks like a baby next to the Parker, but it is a 45 HP 4 cylendar diesle, and it really does a good job!

Bo

Here are some shots of the floodlight install that I just finished. Also, my thoughts on electronics and instrumentation layout. It looks like I can do the console reconfiguration with a minimum of hole repairs. I got a pint of gelcoat from my local dealer on the house on saturday, so there are no more excuses, i have to get on with it and try my hand at a gelcoat repair.

later - bo

Attachments

• lights-facing.jpg
    lights-facing.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,406
  • lights rear.jpg
    lights rear.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,406
  • console1.jpg
    console1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,406
I think your helm design will work. :D

Image-0EC282D7F14A11D8.jpg

wow kevin - we have almost identical setups! is that a 2210 garmin chartplotter? hope you like it ... i just got mine the other day.

Any regrets on the sounder up on the dash? i looks like it should be fine there, i was wondering if it gets in the way, bumped into, or interferes with opening the window. and what is the guage you have over top of the controler? i also like your window frames being black anodized. What year is your boat?

thanks - bo

woodytoo":20ginsvs said:
wow kevin - we have almost identical setups! is that a 2210 garmin chartplotter? hope you like it ... i just got mine the other day.

Any regrets on the sounder up on the dash? i looks like it should be fine there, i was wondering if it gets in the way, bumped into, or interferes with opening the window. and what is the guage you have over top of the controler? i also like your window frames being black anodized. What year is your boat?

thanks - bo

Bo...

My chartplotter is a Garmin 2010 and I like it just fine.

The sounder is a Furuno FCV600L and no, it does not get in the way. :)

The gauge above the binnicle is my fuel gage for my 3 fuel tanks. There is a switch there to switch between them...

The boat is a 1996 model, and the windows are OEM, though I cannot tell you who made them.

Back