Quantcast

Compound, Add Name, Polish, Wax - Right Order?

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

GMUGMU

Reaction score
I have removed all decal, names and pin stripes. All adhesive is gone as well. I plan to take the following steps:
1. Compound to remove the oxidation.
2. Add new registration number and name
3. Polish
4. Wax

I figure I would be correct to add registration numbers and new name before I polish and wax. Is that correct? Maybe I polish before adding new decals? Am I right to apply new numbers/name prior to waxing?

Thanks for any and all guidance.
Gary

Andy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have removed all decal, names and pin stripes. All adhesive is gone as well. I plan to take the following steps:
1. Compound to remove the oxidation.
2. Add new registration number and name
3. Polish
4. Wax

I figure I would be correct to add registration numbers and new name before I polish and wax. Is that correct? Maybe I polish before adding new decals? Am I right to apply new numbers/name prior to waxing?

Thanks for any and all guidance.
Gary
I'd recommend not installing the registration numbers or new name over anything except for totally cleaned/degreased fiberglass. After compounding, and before waxing and/or polishing, super-clean the area where you are installing the registration numbers and new name. Over the years I've used denatured alcohol, acetone and window cleaner. Boat US says to use window cleaner. Here is more;
1611699903523.png

Last edited:

grouperjim

Reaction score
I would recommend watching some YouTube videos on how to professionally apply decals with soapy water in a plastic spray bottle and a small squeegee to push out the air. If you use this technique you'll be able moving things around enough to get it perfect before you press it down with the squeegee.

GMUGMU

Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation Andy.

Also, I watch the youtubers for everything. Excellent place to start

Latest posts