Console dashboard - winter project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman1001

Reaction score
Stumbled on this picture (attached below) on the inter webs and love this dashboard! My 1999 2300 has the sliding plexi with large glovebox storage behind it.
I’d loose all the storage if I did this but I’m not sure I’d. are all that much. (Mostly collects carnage and loose tools etc.. anyway.)

anyone else ever cover over their dash and the regret it later?

also Wondering what this black dash material is. Glass? Plexi?

tx!!

Attachments

• 50AFE864-6A3F-4716-811D-72DBE02726F5.jpeg
    50AFE864-6A3F-4716-811D-72DBE02726F5.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 76
Not a fan of starboard. I’ll research flat king. Never heard of that.

tx!

I have a 2000 2300 with the sliding plexi and glovebox. I thought about doing exactly this conversion a couple of years ago because the look was just so clean. However... I fish regularly with a couple guys who have Regulators with this flush mount set up, and when they fish with me they alsways say they wish their boat had the glovebox feature to stuff hats when running at speed, keep sunscreen and put wallets. I'm very particular that nothing is permanently stored in the box. Don't want it cluttered up. Also protects my electronics from the weather.

So, I never did the conversion. I agree it looks great! I think I'd miss the storage.

I use 1/8in 5052 alum.....I sand, prime with epoxy primer shoot Silver basecoat and top with High Impact Clear.

Done several like that....At first people say....I want it Black.....and I say...No you don't....The Silver accents the switches and Black electronics.

Reactions: A-K
I use 1/8in 5052 alum.....I sand, prime with epoxy primer shoot Silver basecoat and top with High Impact Clear.

Done several like that....At first people say....I want it Black.....and I say...No you don't....The Silver accents the switches and Black electronics.
Would love to see a picture if you have one handy!

I like it.. I have a question.. I have an 1998 parker 21 SE and looking to add that top to my console so I can mount my electronics in it.. Has anyone ever built one or seen one built... I have to replace the windshield anyway because it is spiderwebing. Below is example of what I have. I dont have the bars around it, only the ttop.
1638275338036.png

I could build it.....If I had the boat.....Two ways to do it.

Build a mold first

or Use a core material.....[Devinacell , plywood, Kledgecell, Coosa]
and laminate fiberglass, then fair it out.

Here is my re-done dash with a CNC cut 1/2" lexan panel mounted with blind fasteners. My original dash was not the recessed type but a lexan panel would work as long as there is enough edge to mount it. The panel was not expensive by boat standards.

I like mine a lot!

Attachments

• IMG_1983.jpeg
    IMG_1983.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 64
Here is my re-done dash with a CNC cut 1/2" lexan panel mounted with blind fasteners. My original dash was not the recessed type but a lexan panel would work as long as there is enough edge to mount it. The panel was not expensive by boat standards.

I like mine a lot!
I do too! Man, that looks nice. The hidden fasteners really make the job. So the lexan, tinted? Also, the hidden fasteners. Can you explain a bit more about them?

If I could achieve this, I may just sacrifice the glove box storage.

The panel was made by Boat Outfitters from black acrylic sheet. I sent them a hand drawing and they turned that into a CAD drawing. We made a few refinements to the original drawing that improved the fit.

When the panel is made they cut notches in the back for t-slot bolts so the bolts cannot be seen from the finished side. They also polish the edges. The panel comes with a plywood copy that you can used as a guide to cut openings for chart plotters and to drill holes. Was about $400 in 2019.

I could probably dig up the drawing if you are interested.

Build a mold first

Build a mold first

What are you thoughts about using starboard or even less expensive azek.. thinking of making it 12" tall. Just wasnt sure if anyone has ever used Azek to build something like that

My throughts are......It will look shade tree. You have to be REAL careful with Starboard and putting screws in the endgrain.....To fat of a fastner and it will have buldges in it.

Before I bought my 2820 I had an older Parker 23 center console. When I bought the boat it was missing the windshield. I built this out of 1/2" seafoam colored starboard. It sat down over the console top right into the molded groove for the windshield. I used the boat for quite a few years after building it, and it help up and worked great. The reason the part of the face frame on the right is missing, is because I had a plexiglass door with the missing face frame piece attached, that would slide in from the right side. With the door in place it had a more finished look. 20211201_101847.jpg20160630_115050.jpg

My throughts are......It will look shade tree. You have to be REAL careful with Starboard and putting screws in the endgrain.....To fat of a fastner and it will have buldges in it.
I see what you are saying.. what do you think something like that should cost? I am not even looking for something quite as tall as that..

Back