Cost of a new boat going back years.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ondalevel

Reaction score
forgive me if someone has already asked and answered the question I have. I am looking to purchase a used Parker and do not want to pay Covid pricing. I am patiently looking thru the for sale adds for something that I am interested in. My question is that you can look up NADA pricing for back years, but is there a site where you can look up what a 2320 cost in 2015?? I know there are all kinds of options, but I would like to see a baseline price for the boats I am looking at. Thank you in advance.

Not unless you can find a hard copy on NADA from 2015.

FYI: You think boats even then sold at NADA prices ? Oh that's what the bank would loan....But they went for higher than NADA back then....At least ones in demand or a rarer boat. Oh yes it's listed in the NADA book....But when 2 are for sale in the whole country...One east coast and one West coast.....If you want it your gonna pay.......Covid Pricing you say ? In 2017 Boat pricing / demand / sales soared. The last year Trump was in office boat sales were up 70% .

forgive me if someone has already asked and answered the question I have. I am looking to purchase a used Parker and do not want to pay Covid pricing. I am patiently looking thru the for sale adds for something that I am interested in. My question is that you can look up NADA pricing for back years, but is there a site where you can look up what a 2320 cost in 2015?? I know there are all kinds of options, but I would like to see a baseline price for the boats I am looking at. Thank you in advance.
I think the suggested retail price on NADA is the original list price when new. Not 100% sure. Everything definitely went up during Covid. A lot of boats -especially 2004-2008 are advertised at prices higher than when new. I think a lot of the boats currently listed are boats people don’t really want to sell unless they can get the crazy price they are asking. Ive been watching and the prices are dropping on the boats that need to sell. I am gonna keep waiting

NADA don’t mean crap.

It’s what people are willing to pay and location. Parker’s sell for more on the west coast.

I would estimate a 2015 2320 being anywhere from 75-90k. But other add on’s will influence the price.

There was a 2016 2320, full tuna tower with controls, custom bait tank, electronics with Yamaha 1800 hours that was for sale at 110k.

But that don’t mean it sold for that much.

BTW… be patient. Get your financing straight and be ready to pounce when you see the boat you want. Be business minded.

Look not to bring this to politics but there will be a massive recession, people will lose their jobs. The first thing to go is their toys.

There will be lots of boats for sale when the recession happens.

What’s kind of crazy is I see people trying to sell a 2021 that was 57k msrp for $71k now lol

Reactions: Efx
Inventory is starting to build on all types and makes of boats. Just give it some time and a deal, that does require work, will come your way.

Not sure why it matters what a boat sold for in 2015. The price today is what it is. Negotiate your best deal and buy it. Or not. Your choice.

The market may be softening a little now. But I own a 2015 1801. Bought it new. A couple of months ago I could have sold it for what I paid for it. May or may not be the case today. But it is what it is.

I can honestly tell you I bought a 2320 in 2006 brand new for $62,000 with no trailer

In the Spring of 2006 I bought a 2005 2520SL with 39 hours on the engine and a trailer that had never been in the water. Everything looked and smelled like brand new. The boat had a RADAR, chart plotter and depth finder for $52,000.

In the Spring of 2006 I bought a 2005 2520SL with 39 hours on the engine and a trailer that had never been in the water. Everything looked and smelled like brand new. The boat had a RADAR, chart plotter and depth finder for $52,000.
What’s kind of crazy is you Can probably sell and get all your money back lol

I ordered my 2015 2520 XLD in Sept of 14. I got every available kickback from Parker and my dealer. The price was supposed to go to 117K in Jan of 2015, I paid 90K, throw in 10k for electronics and rigging and looks like I got a steal. I can probably get my 90 back pretty easily right now

Reactions: A-K

Over the years, I have repowered, replaced the fuel tank, replaced the steering and added in quite a bit of electronics to include autopilot. I might recoup my initial outlay but I wouldn’t be close to recouping what it cost to equip the boat as it presently is.

I’m not complaining, I have so far gotten 16.5 seasons of use use out of my boat and resale value currently seems to be good but I’ve still got way more $$ into it then what I would expect to recoup in a sale……

Look not to bring this to politics but there will be a massive recession, people will lose their jobs. The first thing to go is their toys.

There will be lots of boats for sale when the recession happens.

What’s kind of crazy is I see people trying to sell a 2021 that was 57k msrp for $71k now lol
Talk about crazy....lol

FWIW, I bought my 2013 2320 last year for $68k. Yamaha 300 with 80 hours (!), second control station, Load Rite aluminum trailer, windlass, Garmin GPS/fish finder/radar, stereo, VHF, never saw salt water. It was damn near factory new (for 2013), previous owner decked it out with all of the bells and whistles in the catalog, but unfortunately his health failed and he passed away. I saw several other 2320s in the high 60's to low 70's that were similar in setup, but I passed on them due to bottom paint (mine is 99% trailer here in FL). Given the immaculate condition of my boat, I think scored a great deal, but there were other decent options in my budget.

Not when adjusted for inflation. In 2006 $52k invested in a stock market index fund would be worth $150k today.
But I dont look at my boat as an investment in money. Its an investment in lifes pleasures :) and its return is priceless.

Back